James gawked. This really wasn't what he expected. This was Eric. He did little romantic things. He brought lunch to the office. Sometimes, there'd be flowers waiting at home for James. This was a grand gesture!

"What are you doing?" He questioned the man.

Eric took out a small velvet box and James just raised his hands. He didn't know how to handle this. What to do with his hands? What to say? What to think? He was not prepared. Definitely not prepared. With nothing else to do, he just stared wide-eyed at Eric revealing a small gold band to match James' wedding ring. It was rose gold, something that would match Nathan's wedding ring. At the top, there was a rose and inside was one small diamond.

Shaking from laughing (probably from James' reaction), but trying to keep a straight face, Eric continued, "For our first anniversary, will you do me the honor of marrying me all over again?"

James' chin quivered. Tears unexpectedly pricked his eyes as he was overcome by the moment. Quickly, he nodded and laughed, forgetting all about the ring. He jumped into Eric's arms, knocking the werewolf into the ground. The couple rolled until James was lying on top of Eric, kissing him. James leaned back and fingered back Eric's bangs. He asked, "How do you still manage to surprise me?"

"I'm full of surprises."

Suddenly, James straightened his arms. "Oh god! Are you saying I only have six months to plan a wedding?!"

"I already picked out the venue and I promise, you'll like it."

"I'm almost afraid to ask..." and yet, the control freak in James said otherwise. James sat up and narrowed his eyes. He was somewhat annoyed at Eric's knowing smirk. "Where are we getting married?"

Eric followed James upright and took the ring out. "I picked out an agreeable place. Logically, it makes sense and I was given Delphine's approval. It's the only right place for our first vow renewal."

"Our first? Will there be a next time?"

"Certainly," Eric stood and offered his hand.

James accepted the help. "But where?"

"Where else, but where it all began?" Eric tilted his head, wrapping one arm around James' waist. He used his free hand to stroke James' cheek. The look in his eyes told James how much Eric loved him more than words could ever describe. Eric smiled. "The Grand Mystic Hotel."

James laughed. He littered Eric with kisses and dragged him upstairs. They spent the night discussing plans and who they'd invite, though Eric admitted he already sent the invitations. They talked about the cake, the food, and the music. They talked for hours. Even when they went back inside, they talked in bed until they passed out.

In six months, they'd be married again.

A year after, they'd travel to the beach and elope.

And then, the year after, they would be a little late renewing their vows to ensure their bouncing baby girl, Audrey could attend the ceremony. Year after year, James and Eric would return to their vows with their growing family and their friends for their anniversary and get married all over again. They did this once a year, but every day for the rest of their lives, Eric told James he loved him and James told him the same just as his golden rule demanded. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So, here we are, at the end. The very end. I can't believe I finished my very own werewolf book. It's taken a while and I really couldn't have done it without the support of you guys. I know that's what everyone says, but your comments have really pushed me to finish (and not be so lazy. They were like lovely little guilt-trips, haha).

If you have any questions about the book or if you have questions about another character, don't hesitate to ask here! I will answer them all! Also, you can read Peter's story now in "Sunflowers" AND you can read all about Frances's own romance in "Til Death". 

Please consider donating to my ko-fi (ko-fi.com/missbonnett) And! If you had fun reading, check out my other novel "Somewhere", which will start updating weekly now that I'm done with "The Golden Rule".

Thanks again,

XOXO

Miss Bonnett