"He Got Used To Breaking The Rules.." Chapter-TwentyTwo

Third Person

           "ERROR," Ink sneezed, wiping his non-existent nose and sighing. The kitten he was. Cuddling with jumped By scampered off in fright, hissing in the process. ERROR hummed, looking at Ink and laying his book down on his lap. "C-Could you get me a glass o-of o-o-o-" he sneezed again. "orange juice, p-please," He sniffled, gasping for air since it was hard to breath out of his 'nose'. ERROR sighed, nodding without a word and leaving to the kitchen. When he got in there he used his strings to grab a glass as he got the orange juice. After he got it set up he teleported into the living room and gave Ink his juice, then went back to reading. Ink sighed, deep in thought as he took a small sip of his drink. ERROR had been.. unnaturally kind lately. It's new to him. Normally ERROR is nice occasionally, not 24/7. Ink shrugged it off and took a swig of his juice, setting it onto the table - since he couldn't use his magic. "E-ERROR," Ink coughed again. ERROR grunted, looking at Ink with a raised invisible brow. "can we v-visit Dream again..?  Please?" He wined, looking down sadly.

           "N-n-No,_s-SoR-R-y," ERROR looked down at his book, trying to finally finish it. Whenever he decides to read this damned thing Ink always talked or something happens! Then he can't fucking finish it! ERROR glared at the book, calming down and frowning at Ink regrettably. "I-I-'D l-L-e-T_Y-oU-u v-Vi-SIt-t h-HIm-m, b-BuT Ni-G-hTMa-r-are Mi-GH-t-t f-f-I-nd O-Ou-t-t."

           "Oh.." Ink sighed, turning away as his face became one of gloom. ERROR sighed, looking down at his hands and picking at a phalange. He started to read again, trying to ignore his feeling of guilt. Maybe Nightmare wouldn't find out? He'd have to be really careful, unlike last time. He just went over and acted like he owned the place! Like, is he mental?! ERROR growled to himself, tossing his book onto the table and holding his skull in his hands as he leaned forward. Too much stress was being put on him - trying to stay loyal to Nightmare, trying to stay on Ink's good side, and more... Arms wrapped around ERROR's now shaking form. He never realized that he.. was crying. Looking up he saw Ink hugging him apologetically, making him want to cry more. No, he needed to show he was strong, not weak.

           "I'm sorry," Ink whispered, pulling away as ERROR stood up. He glanced sadly at Ink, wiping away his tears and speed-walking to the kitchen. Dammit! Ink shouldn't have done that, ERROR hates physical contact! But why was he crying? He must have had a lot on his mind. Ink sighed, laying back down and staring up at the ceiling, feeling more sad than he was. He closed his 'eyes' and pulled the blanket he had been using over his face. Why the hell did he have to do that?! ERROR surely was going to hate him for what felt like years. Ink loosened up, felt his jaw clench, and turned to face the back of the couch. Maybe ERROR wouldn't hate him. Fat chance. Ink sighed again, drifting off to sleep as ERROR sat at the kitchen table thinking. Why'd Ink have to do that? It just made him like him more to know that he cares for him. Hopefully Ink would still want to talk to him, he could ask right now.

           ERROR stood up and rubbed the top of his skull, then walked into the living room to see Ink sleeping soundly. He smiled with a faint sigh, then frowned and sat on the couch with his skull in his hands once more. What was he to do..? Betray Ink and become an almighty ruler, or he'll him and maybe confess his feelings? Well, maybe to help decide with his feelings, he could get Ink a gift. Yeah, that'd work. And that's what he shall do.

           "Why do you need this?  ERROR, for the last time-"

           "N-n-No, I-iT's_N-No-T w-WhA-At y-y-OU_a-aRe-E t-ThiN-k-k-k-InG-g, Ni-G-hTMa-r-are."

           "Tch, fine then.  Better not do what I think your gonna do."

           "A-a-W-W,_D-DoUb-t-T m-ME A-aLr-R-r-ReA-d-Y?__O-oR d-Do-O Y-Y-Ou-U T-ThiN-k-k-K_IM'-M-A g-ET-t F-R-eSh t-tO cEns-o-Or y-YoU'R-e cU-r-r-RseS?"