Making friends and Puns

Elle's POV

Ever since the day Malia and I were introduced the girl had not left me alone once. Apparently we were now friends and had to do everything together. She sat outside with me at lunch and sat next to me in English. I had become friends with Felicity and taken a liking to the girl. We were quite similar and had similar interests. She was very bold and funny and i had learnt that the previous day where she got into an argument with Daniel Flynn in front of our whole school.

I was in the library studying with Felicity when someone sat down across from us. I looked up and saw Malia sitting eagerly across from us with her history book. "Hello Elle, Hello Felicity," she said smiling brightly. "Hello Malia," Felicity said going back to reading her notes.

"Are you working on our history project?" Malia asked. I nodded while writing in my notebook. "Great! I was wondering if you could help me with a part, I was unsure if we had to include definitions or not," she asked opening her book. "Um, I think we have to include them," I said looking up. "Okay thanks Elle," Malia said writing something into her notebook.

"I was thinking about joining The school paper, the interview section, what do you think?" Malia asked breaking the silence. "Go for it," Felicity said. "If I do it, can I interview you guys?" Malia asked again. "Maybe," I said.

The three of us studied in silent except for Malia's annoying questions that she asked every three minutes.

-o-

We were sitting outside during lunch when Malia joined us. We had gotten used to Malia by now and accepted the fact that we were friends. It was a sunny day which was surprising in the middle of winter but we enjoyed it nonetheless. I noticed that in the sunlight Malia's hair was a dark blue colour. It was hard to notice as her hair usually appeared black but in the sunlight it seemed to be dark blue.

"Malia, is your hair dyed?" I asked. She twirled a strand around her finger. "Yes, it is, I dyed it when I moved here it's hard to notice," she said. "Hey, after school do you guys want to come over to my house?" Malia asked nervously.

"Yeah why not?" Felicity said. "I don't have any plans," I said. Malia smiled. "Great!" The day continued peacefully.

-o-

Malia, Felicity and I were passing notes in French.

This class is boring - F

It is - m

I wondered why the basketball ball was getting bigger, then it hit me.  - E

Ha ha - m

It was an emotional wedding, even the cake was in tears - F

Two fish are in a tank. One turns to the other and goes how do we drive this thing? - m

Okay we need to stop the teachers getting suspicious - e

We stopped passing notes as we could barely contain our giggles. 

"Now class, I am going to write a simple phrase on the board, I want you to translate it and write what you believe it means in your book." Ms James wrote the phrase on the board. I looked at the phrase.

Soignez vous bien.

I Wrote the phrase down into my book and got my French - English dictionary. We were allowed to use them in class. I looked the words and wrote down the translation of the phrase.

Take care of yourself

It is a phrase that is said for support and safety.

I looked up at the rest of the class to see that they were all still working. I looked over at Malia and Felicity to see them working hard. I sat in my chair and waited for everyone else to finish. I didn't understand what was making them take so long. It was a simple phrase.

Ms James collected everyone's book and stood at the front of the class. "This is a French children's film. I want you to listen and pay attention. At they end I want you to tell me what happened in the film." She turned the board on and closed the windows. The film began to play.

"Bonjour! Je' M'appelle Lilly!" I watched the boring movie. From what I could understand it was about a girl called Lilly who can turn into a fairy. We had to stop the film halfway. "Your homework is to write a paper on what happened so far in the film and what you think will happen!" Ms James called as we all eagerly left the classroom.

A/N hey guys sorry that this is a bit of a filler chapter. I don't own the puns that I used I got them from @JaneConquestBackup 's Puns book. (Which is really awesome so you should read it after this!) also sorry if the French is incorrect I only speak a little French and I'm desperately trying to get Better at it! BYE!!!!