Ice-cream and Tears

Daniel's POV

I peeked through one of the windows and saw a figure curled up in a ball. The room was dark so it was hard to see what was going on inside the room. I looked closer at the girl, could it be Felicity? I heard more crashes and arguing, a few seconds later a lady who looked to be 40 stumbled into the room yelling at the girl.

The girl covered her ears and shut her eyes. The lady had messy dyed blonde hair and smeared makeup. She was wearing a short red dress and heels. The lady yelled a few more things and slammed the door shut leaving the room. I slowly tapped on the window before I realised what I was doing. The girl looked up at me. She slowly stood up with tear-stained cheeks.

She looked behind her before opening the window and climbing out. "Felicity? I said in a soft voice. She looked at me as more tears silently fell down her face. "W-why are you here" she said, her voice sounding so quiet. "What happened?" I asked. She just looked up at me and let out a sob.

I wrapped my arms around her unsure of what to do. I shut the window behind her not wanting to make a lot of noise. "Why are you crying?" I asked looking down at her. She looked up at me her long auburn hair cascading down her back. "My-I mean, uh, M-" I cut her off. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me," I said softly, stroking her hair still hugging her.

"My parent's divorced when I was t-two, my dad left and my m-mum remarried. Her m-marriage was unsuccessful so s-she married someone else. She divorced t-the other person and g-gave up on marriage. She t-turned to alcohol and got addicted to it. S-she stopped for a bit and married a man b-but started again when their relationship start g-going downhill. T-they only argue and have fights now. R-recently she started yelling at me t-too."

She collapsed onto me, my shirt getting wet from her tears. She pulled away from me and dried her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket. She looked up at staring into my eyes. "Thank  you," she said a tiny smile on her face.

"It's fine, you should smile more you look pretty when you smile," I complimented her before slowly walking in the other direction. "Wait! you can't just leave!" She said running next to me. "Why? You just can't get enough of me can you?" I teased. She turned pink. "I-you-me, I mean, I don't really want you to go," she said playing with her hands.

Out of the many years that I've known felicity I've never seen her like this. Usually she was confident and witty but I've never seen her so...so vulnerable. "Do you want to get ice cream?" I asked suddenly. She looked up at me, "Sure," she said. So we just walked in silence down the empty streets to the ice cream store nearby.

The bell ringed as I pushed opened the door open. Felicity looked around the ice cream store. It was empty except for a couple in the back. "You can find a table I'll order the ice cream," I said while Felicity nodded and walked off to the other side of the ice cream store and sat down in a booth.

I went over to the cashier who was a boy with green eyes and brown hair, his name tag said Jacob. "Can I please get two cookies and cream in a cone?" I said getting out my wallet. The boy nodded and pressed some buttons on the machine. "That'll be $15.50," he said. I nodded and payed the amount of money.

He handed me the ice creams and I walked over to where Felicity was sitting by the window. I gave her the ice cream and sat down across from her. She looked up at me in confusion. "How did you know that my favourite ice cream was cookies and cream?" She said looking down at her ice cream.

"I didn't, cookies and cream is my favourite so I just guessed," I said laughing. She laughed too, slightly embarrassed.

"So..." she said trying to break the awkward silence that had formed. "So..." I said scratching the back of my neck. "Thank you for the ice cream," she said standing up. I quickly stood up too. "It's no problem." I walked her home.

Once we reached her house it had started to rain. She looked up at the sky as the rain started to get heavier. "I better go back to my room," I nodded. "Um take this," I said handing her a five dollar bill. She looked down at it confused.

"Why?" She asked confused. "I don't know, a present I guess?" I said shrugging. "I'm not seven years old," she said looking up at me. "So? I'm giving you free money," I said. She gave me back the five dollar bill. " I don't want it, it's your money." "Are you serious?" I looked up at her. "Money's money I'm giving you money as a gift, it's rude to not take gift." I handed her the money again.

"Keep it. It's only five dollars anyways." With that said I walked back into my house.

A/N HEY GUYS!!! emotional chapter right? did anyone notice Jacob from my discontinued book The Crazy Life Of Alice Barret? he was the cashier. Felicity's mum currently doesn't have a name so comment suggestions and my favorite one will be her name! (I will give credit to who suggested the name)

BYE!!!!!!!!