Running away and Revelations

Elle's POV

It was Monday again. Yay. I rolled my eyes and got dressed. I brushed my wavy blonde hair and decided to leave it out. I put my shoes on and grabbed my school bag. "Bye mum! Maddie should be here in a minute!" I called I ran downstairs and had a quick bowl of flavorless cereal.

I opened the front door and started walking to school. The cold icy air smacked me in the face as soon as I stepped outside. I quickly went inside and grabbed a red jacket. I continued walking. "Watch out!" A thirteen year old boy said as his bike only just missed me by a millimeter. I glared at the boy as he rode ahead of me.

I eventually made it to school safely with no injuries. I went to my locker expecting to see Malia who's locker is near mine. I looked around but didn't spot her. She's usually early. "Hey Elle!" I jumped in shock. I turned around and saw Felicity smiling at me. "Hey, don't do that you scared me!" I said. "Sorry, I got here earlier than I usually do!" She chirped which was very un-Felicity like.

"Malia's not here yet," I said looking over my shoulder in case I saw Malia. "That's strange, she's usually here before both of us," Felicity said. "She's probably just running late though," I nodded my head in agreement. "Let's go to class," I said grabbing my books. We walked to class in silence.

We were now in the middle of science class. "Malia's still not here yet," I whispered to Felicity who sat next to me. "She's probably sick or something, she should be here tomorrow," Felicity whispered back.

But she wasn't.

I had just arrived at school the next day and Malia still wasn't here. "She might be sick Elle, it's nothing to worry about." Felicity had said to me. But I had a feeling that it wasn't that. "Maybe we should go see her after school?" I suggested unsure. "Okay," Felicity agreed. The day seemed to past painfully slow. The end of the day eventually came around.

I stood in the parking lot waiting for Felicity. "Here I am! Sorry I had to explain something to this freshman in geography, it's a long story." She said out of breath. Her long hair was in a braided messily. We walked to Malia's house hurriedly. It wasn't as cold as it was in the morning. "I think that ones her house," I said pointing to a house further down the street. When we made it two her house Felicity walked up to the front door. She raise her hand and knocked on the front door.

A few seconds later the door swung open. "Um hello? Who are you?" It was Stéphanie, Malia's step sister. "We're Malia's friends," I said. "You." She said narrowing her eyes at Felicity. "Look, we're just here for Malia okay," Felicity said rolling her eyes. "Well, Malia isn't here okay, she's at some sort of sleepover or whatever," Stéphanie said rolling her eyes.

She shut the door on us. We started walking to my house. "She didn't mention anything about a sleepover," Felicity said. "I have a bad feeling." I said. "What sort of bad feeling?" Felicity asked. "A bad feeling that she's lying to all of us." I said. "What do you mean? Do you think that she ran away?" I nodded. "Why would she run away though?" Felicity questioned. "I'm not sure," I answered. "I think that there's a few things that she's not telling us."

"Where could she be?" Felicity asked. "I don't know for certain, but I think I know where she might be."

"An Asian restaurant? Really?" Felicity stood next to me as we stood at the entrance of an Asian restaurant. "She told me that she liked to go to Asian restaurants when she was sad because it reminded her of all her old friends." I told Felicity who had an unreadable expression. "An Asian restaurant," she muttered to herself as I pulled her inside. "You and I both know that the chances of her being here are very low-" she was cut off. "Look! There's Malia!" I said and rushed over to her with a flabbergasted Felicity behind me.

"Malia!" I said as we got to her table. She was sat in the table in the corner furthest away from everyone else. Her hair was messy and her clothes were too. "Elle? Felicity? What are you guys doing here?" Malia asks looking up. "We could say the same to you," Felicity said harshly. I nudged Felicity. "Oh, um," Malia said. "I'm sorry," Felicity apologized. "No it's fine," Malia said.

"So, care to explain why you weren't at school?" I asked sitting in one of the chairs while Felicity sat in another. Malia ran her fingers through her hair. "Well, I guess I should start from the beginning." "You know the story of my parents but there are a few things that I haven't told you. I get bullied online." She said. "I don't really care about the bullying that much but a tiny part of it still hurts me. And the bigger thing is a few days ago my mum told me that we might be moving back to Asia." She said.

I hugged her from the side. "Thanks, I then had the thought to run away." She finished. "Malia, why didn't you tell us?" Felicity said softly. "I didn't know what to say" she said. We all hugged her tightly.

A/N I know it wasn't the most dramatic runaway but it was still a runaway so yeah.

BYE!!!!!