Chapter 72

"So you're moving back?" Finn asked on the phone, as if he was unable to comprehend a subject as simple as this.

"Yes," I sighed, "I'll be leaving LA tomorrow morning and need you to pick me up in the airport at 11:00am. What doesn't make since?"

"I just can't believe you actually took my offer up."

"Well it is my house," I said, "besides with filming in London again, it will be easier to fly out from Pittsburgh. Plus I had more nonstop options. I had decided it would be easier to raise an infant here than LA. However I could see Finn and I eventually moving again, likely either to Nashville or back to LA.  I wanted to live somewhere where one of us had family. Especially when the baby came.

"Oh yeah," Finn started, "they finally got around to a trial for Harper's case," my ears perked up.

"How did it go?" I asked, assuming my prediction was correct.

"Phasma is getting arrested, and Harper's currently getting assessed for mental damage. I'm not going to be surprised if they tell me she needs therapy."

"Because that works well," I remarked.

"I know," he said, "but you no they'll do anything for a dollar. Heck, don't be shocked if they tell me she has all these non existent problems just so I hand them a check every week."

"Because they know exactly what she went through. During medical school they experienced abuse everyday, giving them the right to talk to an eight year old about it," I ranted.

"How would you like a side job?"

"What?" I said, having a gut feeling I knew where this was going, but didn't want to improperly assume.

"When you move in, could you talk to Harper?"

"About what?" I asked, I knew where Finn was going, but wanted to hold it out so I could think about what to say. I knew I would end up providing some sort of help, but I didn't want to be all she had.

"I just need someone that she can confide into. Maybe that can prevent her from having nightmares later on in life."

"I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I have been to many therapists over the years. None of them have been able to help me. Maybe Harper will be different, but for me nightmares are like a scar, they're always there. Although Plutt left me with some physical scars, and those don't bother me nearly as much."

"I know," Finn breathed, "that's where my fears enter."

"What has Harper told you?" I asked, knowing this could help me piece together similarities between the two of us.

"How about we'll talk about it when you get off the plane. Some of what I've been told is just terrible. Too terrible to speak of over the phone in a public place," Finn said.

"I understand," I replied, my curiosity growing. I hadn't seen any bruises on Harper, but that could just be an indicator that Phasma was smart, "I'll see you tomorrow, 11:00am. Show up at 11:00pm and I will kick you out of my house."

"I'll be there. I love you."

"What?" I asked, assuming Finn had messed up.

"What did I say?" Finn spoke fast.

"It's nothing," I said, "have a nice evening."

"You too," Finn replied, hanging up. I stood up from my bed, and finished packing. I was going home with more than I brought, since Southern California falls are colder than an Orlando summer. I had also added maternity clothes to the closet, ordering everything to prevent rumors from starting in stores before I wanted them too. Although I knew something would get out after the airport tomorrow, at that point Finn and I could post a video on social media, making it official.

I looked down, and my mid-sized bump and placed my hand on it, expecting him or her to start kicking sooner than later.

~~~

I woke up around 4:00am the next morning. I put on the loosest shirt I owned, trying to hid the bump from a naked eye. I had hoped at 23 weeks, and over sized hoodie and leggings were good enough that nobody would ask. I straightened my dark hair, making the longest point touch my mid back. I could see myself braiding it later.

I put on enough makeup that I looked presentable, and alive, before taking my two suitcases and backpack downstairs. "Thanks for getting up early for me," I told Dad as he poured himself a cup of coffee. I wasn't going to lie- I was jealous that he got to wake up with Folgers in his cup, and I didn't even have that option.

"It's no trouble at all. I've enjoyed having you here," Dad said, smiling in the process.

"I know," I joked, "I'm always a pleasure."

"In all seriousness it's nice having someone around to have someone around this house. Ever since my wife died, it's been awfully lonely around here. This house is too big for one person."

"You know, I have a few extra rooms in my place, if you ever want to visit," I said, "Finn can't mind that much, since you made him famous."

"I'll probably take you up on that eventually," Dad smiled, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," I took my carryons off the counter, and pulled my suitcases behind me.

"Let me take these," Dad said, grabbing one of the suitcases.

"Thanks," I nodded, followed by the short drive to the airport.

~~~

"Bye, Thanks again," I said, taking my bags out of the car.

"See you soon, probably in four months,"Dad referred to the baby's birth, us both knowing that would be the next time we'd see each other.