Chapter 34

"So how'd it feel to be back in Nashville?" Dad asked in the middle of the flight.
      I smiled lightly, "Like home. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's nice to go somewhere where I can navigate every street and not worry about my accent. At least I'm not from Alabama or something so I only have a slight twang."
"I get what you mean. Growing up, my dad was in the military so we traveled a lot. It was always nice to go somewhere that I felt comfortable in. Of course that was rare." I nodded, finally finding something I could connect to within Dad. "You look tired," he said after a few minutes of conversation, "why don't you try to sleep for a while. We're getting to London at about 4 their time, than meeting with the cast and going out for dinner. I think I'd be best for you to get some rest."
      I nodded agreement, curling up in the small seat and putting on the noise canceling headphones, falling asleep seconds later.
"Reeeyy! Come up here right now! I said right now? Do you not hear me?" A young girl weakly walked up the stairs, not saying anything, "do you know what you did?" I shook my head. "Well you will know!" He screamed removing the belt from his large waist. One for every second past 3:15 you were gone. Tears began to race down my face, and for some reason, I tried to run, hoping that would keep me safe. "Don't run. I will always get you. Always." Suddenly I was grabbed by the arms and shook like a rag doll. What was weird is that I actually felt myself shook. Unlike most nightmares I couldn't manage to wake up.
     "Rey!" I heard Dad yell, causing me to finally wake up, "are you ok?"
     I shock my head quickly, allowing myself to wake up, "I just had a nightmare. It's no big deal."
     "Ok. I just wanted to let you know that we land in about 30 minutes, I thought I'd go ahead and wake you." I nodded, blinking a few times to fully awake myself.
      "Did you sleep at all?"
      "About 4 hours. You started crying, so I figured something was wrong and woke you up."
      "Sorry, I hope you're not too tired."
      "No. I'm fine. I slept in this morning. Didn't you get up at like 3?"
      "Yeah something like that," I shrugged, "course I don't sleep that much anyway so I'm not that tired." I stretched out in my seat, ready to land. There was now about 15 minutes left until we landed, and than we'd have to wait for everyone else to exit so Dad would be better protected. Who knew how long that'd take. I opened my carry on bag, searching for food, I hadn't ate since the fruit yesterday. Unable to find anything that wasn't stale or smashed to an inedibility, I decided just to wait, there'd be something to eat at the hotel.
"When we land, I need you to go get the bags, than we need to run to the car which is being sent for us. Look for "Hamill" that's our code name. Also only refer to me as Mark, my code first name, until we get into safety. Once your role is leaked your name will be Daisy Ridley." I nodded, piecing the information together. Dads name was our family name was Hamill, Mark Hamill, and I was Daisy Ridley, just not until it was announced I was playing this part. Made since. I watched as dad searched his bag, pulling out two black hoodies. "Put this on," he said handing one to me, "just for safety." I nodded, pulling the sweatshirt over my head as dad did the same.
I took a breath as I stepped off the plane, I wasn't stepping off a plane, I was stepping into a different life. Than again that seemed to happen with every plane I stepped off of. I began to run towards baggage claim, while dad walked at a slower pace behind me. After about 5 minutes we reunited at record time by a man holding a sign reading 'Hamill' we followed him to the parking lot where we were met by a black limousine. The man mentioned a hotel, Dad confirming he was correct. Nobody talked much on the way there, me still not feeling safe to ask anything about- well anything.
When we arrived at the hotel, Dad immediately put back on his hood, giving me a 'it's still not safe to talk' nod. We entered the revolving doors, as he walked up to the check in desk. "I believe we have a floor with the rest of the family. I'll tell you there names in a minute," he said, keeping a low profile, "we also have separate rooms." I nodded, not knowing how to respond in a public place. So was everyone in the cast family or is that just another code.
     "Name?" The woman working at the service desk asked kindly.
     "It should be under Hamill," he said as of that had always been his name, he'd probably practiced it at home.
      The woman nodded, "you have two prepaid rooms, correct?"
      My dad nodded, taking the room keys from the woman, as we went to the elevator. Him texting trying to figure out what rooms the rest of the cast had. We got out of the elevator on the top floor, which appeared to be smaller than the rest of the floors. "Left," Dad said, "here's your key. I have room 2190. You're room 2189, which is in another hall around the corner. Aunt Leia and Uncle Han are in room 2187, I'm not sure about cousin Ben." I nodded, swallowing my breath hoping that would quince my thirst.
Dad walking ahead of me, I took my suitcase and walked to the room, growing frustrated I was unable to get the key to work. "Here let my help you," a boys voice said. I looked behind me, having to remind myself of Finn. He had somewhat long dark hair, and dark eyes impossible not to stare into. "There you go," he said getting the key to work, "I'm Kyle, You are?"
"Rey," I said.
"It suits you, a pretty name for a pretty girl." I blushed slightly.
"I've got to go. It's been a long flight."
"We'll see you later, I'm in the room next door if you need me to unlock your door- or anything else." I nodded, quickly going into the room, I felt like I needed to apologize to Finn, but I didn't want him to ever know I found Kyle attractive. I decided it would be best to keep this a complete secret. That's when I started keeping journals, on the off chance I'd one day write a memoir on this experience.