Chapter 38

"Rey!" Finn called, "you have to get out of your room."
       "I don't wanna!" I cried, pulling the covers back over my head.
       "I have ice cream," he said, I was of course smart enough not to fall for the lie, "well maybe Kyle will let me use his conjoined door."
        "You go ahead. I won't get up." I hadn't left my bed since the publicist told me I had bad legs. I had worked 6 days a week since February for at least 2 hours, half of it being on my legs. I could help the fact I had no muscle. I hit the "yes I'm still here" button on Netflix for the 7th time. I didn't want to do much else than just lay in bed and cry.
       "Hey," Dad said as I looked up, "Finn said you needed someone to talk."
"I'm fine," I replied firmly, "I can handle this by myself." I pulled the comforter back over my head.
"Would you at least like some food or something? You need to eat."
"I'm not hungry!"
       "It's nearly 11 am, You have the day off, so you can either lay in bed and make a fool out of yourself or you can celebrate your birthday. Also, the cast is having a dinner for you tonight, it's your choice if you want to come or not, oh also I'm changing the Netflix password, I'll tell you when you get out of bed," he said walking out of the room on his phone.
        I had completely lost concept of time, not realizing it was my birthday until that moment. Of Course I felt like anything but celebration. I hit play on the Friends I was watching when I was suddenly locked out. I stood up from bed, walking over to the shower, figuring I might as well make something of this day. I took a quick shower, deciding I wanted to make something of this day. I dried and straightened my hair, it probably taking 50% less time than it did in the past. I looked at the temperature, deciding on a blush skirt, white shirt, and green parka. I put on makeup, replicating what the stylist did yesterday. I added bronzer and shimmering oil to my freshly shaved legs, trying to make them look more toned. I put on brown wedges, hoping to be as tall as Finn for once. Although there was only a couple of inches difference. Grabbing my purse I walked over to Finn's room.
"You're moving!" Finn exclaimed full of excitement.
"I was forced."
"Well at least you're here. Why don't you come in while I finish getting ready." I followed Finn into his room, noticing the unpacked suitcases on Finn's bed.
"Would you like me to unpack these?" I asked, "we're going to be here for a while."
       "If you don't mind." I started unpacking Finn's suitcase, hoping to avoid any personal items.
"What's this?" I question while reading my name on top of a red envelope.
"Just open it," Finn told me, as I slide my finger under the envelope, than pulled out the card.
Happy Birthday! Today's your special day, how do you feel about a game? The card read.
"Should I be scared?" I asked looking at Finn.
"No, of course not. Here's your first clue, have fun." I looked at the clue, putting together the first clue.
"Are you coming?" I asked Finn before leaving the room.
       "If you want me to," Finn said, following me out the door. Finn and I walked into a small ice cream parlor just about a block away from our hotel. "Now," Finn said looking into my eyes, "Today is your birthday. You can eat healthy the other 364 days of the year, but we are getting burgers and sundaes and eating like children."
      "Like children," I laughed, "ok"
      "Now go find a table. I'll be right there with food." I nodded, walking over to a table in the back. I removed my wedges, hoping nobody would notice. My feet were throbbing, so I was partially hoping a pedicure was in the plans today. I didn't know how all these big name celebrities did it, walking around in heals for more than 5 minutes sounded terrible, of course soon I'd be a big name celebrity, giving me no choice but the pain of heals.
       "Miss me?" Finn asked cheerfully.
       "Of course," I smiled.
       "A burger and fries for the most beautiful girl in here, the same for her boyfriend, and a sundae for two," Finn said flirty.
       "Thanks," I said as Finn sat down. Around the time we were about done eating, Finn handed me a small envelope, "can we see Rogue One?" I asked excitedly after realizing we were going to the movie theater.
       "What ever you want!" Finn said, causing me to smile like a 6 year old. "You know, this is the happiest I've ever seen you. I mean when we met, you were property of an abusive father, than you were in the hospital, uncertain about the future, only to find out you were moving to California, and when you came and visited, you weren't yourself. Today, since you got out of bed, you've done nothing but smile."
I smiled at Finn's comment, which was completely true, "Thanks," I said, "you know you're half the reason."
Finn and I went to various places, including an unplanned stop at a shoe store where I bought black converse. We were now at our last stop, the park, before we met the cast for dinner. The sun was beginning to set, causing a the temperature to drop. Finn took off his black leather jacket and draped it over my shoulder. I looked into his eyes and smiled.
"Rey?" Finn said a few minutes later, I looked over, "I know you're still 17, but when you come of age," Finn got down on one knee, "Will you marry me?" My eyes widened, slight tears forming, I nodded, speechless over Finn's proposal. He slide a ring on my finger, it had a rose gold band, with a diamond in the front. It was perfect. When Finn stood up, I immediately wrapped my arms around him, like in movies.
"I love you," I whispered into his ear, whipped a tear from my eye.
"I love you too," and we kissed, this time it was different than the past, it was long, and passionate, it felt perfect, and right. It felt perfectly right.