Chapter 55

I opened my eyes to Richard's house, restraints on my wrist and ankles.  "Rachel," he said deviously, "it's been a while."
      "And a restraining order," I mumbled.
      "Silence!" Richard screamed, pulling out a piece of paper, "some things are for a limited time only." I skimmed through the paper, immediately seeing the expiration date of yesterday. Had it really been a year? "So,
Rachel," he began to walk closer to me, "Are you still single?"
       "No," I lied nervously.
       "What's his name?" Richard smirked, as if he was trying to prove me wrong.
       "Finn," I replied firmly.
       "Your ex-husband Finn?" He responded, "cause that worked so well. And isn't he married to Victoria Secret Angle, Phasma Gwen." 
       I thought of another lie, but couldn't think of anything.
       "You're lying!" He exclaimed, "Why else would you explain why you ran away crying."
       "I wanted to run away crying several times when we were together!"
       "Than why didn't you?"
       "Because when I get was given threats for every little thing, I didn't feel comfortable showing any emotion."
        "Well you are now expressing feelings, and that's not going to pan out for you," Richard began to remove the restraints, revealing my bloody wrist. "Roll over!" he commanded. Hesitantly, I followed his directions, only to roll off the table on the the hard, concrete floor, letting out a small scream.
       "Rachel, Rachel, don't scream, the walls between us and the neighbors are thin. Try this," Richard put a piece of tape over my mouth. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what was happening next. Richard rolled me over, immediately heading for the face. I gritted my back teeth together, trying to reduce the new pain in my jaw, however it was no use.
        I felt like I was 16 again. People always had told me it wasn't my fault, but if that was the case, why had this happened to me twice? What did I always to wrong? I took slow breaths to relax myself, trying to make the pain less unbearable.
       "So Rachel," Richard said, lifting my limp body back on the table and removing the tape, "I just wanted you to know I wasn't a complete donkey, and thought I'd given you some painkillers."
       "How can I be sure these aren't illegal drugs?"
       "Because I follow the law," he smirked, walking up the stairs.
"Not always," I muttered under my breath. I hoped Richard hadn't heard that, but I couldn't be for sure.
Once I was sure he was gone, I began to work on my escape plan. I mapped out the house in my head, remembering all the doors and windows. The closest exit would be a window on the staircase.
I planned to leave tomorrow night, allowing myself tonight to form an escape plan. I couldn't figure out a way to remove myself from the restraints, which would be the most important part of getting out. After that, I would run to the nearest place and ask to call the cops. That is if I didn't pass out from the blood loss and pain I had already experienced. Who knew what tomorrow held.
       For the first time in seven years, I wanted Finn. Finn probably hadn't thought of me since I ran away yesterday. I always managed to walk myself into these situations. This time I literally walked into it.
"Good Morning Rachel!" Richard exclaimed that next morning.
"Yeah, maybe for you," I whispered.
"What was that?"
"Morning to you," I responded nervously.
"So I've decided to be nice for once," Richard said, "but only if you make me a deal," Richard came uncomfortably close, "You've been here for two days. In exchange for a kiss, I will give you breakfast."
       "In exchange for a kiss you will give me my freedom," I said firmly.
       "Rachel, sweetheart," he said getting closer, "we both know that won't happen. And because of your attitude, my earlier offer is gone."
      "I wasn't going to take it anyway," I responded.
      "Enjoy starving than," Richard said walking upstairs, "I'll be back soon."
      Later that day, I was graced by Richard's presents again. This time he went back to the mental abuse he had used when we were dating. I tried to tune it out, but when someone keeps telling you "you're worthless" and "everybody hates you," it can be kind of hard. Many of the comments had been used when we were dating and I had already excepted them as the truth.
Richard didn't come back that night, but the next morning, I was awoken by an arrow shooting past me.
      "I'm just doing some target practice," Richard smiled, reloading his bow.
       "Are you practicing or trying to kill me?" I responded.
        "Maybe a little bit of both," Richard began and evil laugh.
        "Please don't," I laughed nervously as Richard shot the next bow. Fun fact: Richard sucks at shooting.
        "Sorry," Richard said as I felt a deathly pain in my side.
         "Rey!" Finn said running into the room.
         "How did you find me?" I whispered.
"It doesn't matter for now," Finn said quickly, "Right now our only concern is getting you medical attention."
         "Not if you never get out of here," Richard responded, pushing a button, "any one who attempts to leave this place can expect to meet my pit bull and the electric fence."
         "Aren't pit bulls illegal?" Finn whispered.
         "If I was afraid of the law I wouldn't be holding two celebrities captive," Richard walked towards my side where the arrow hit, pulling it out, causing more blood to fall, "I always practice with an odd number." At this point I began to feel lightheaded, and was running out of breath.
       "Get me out of here," I told Finn with my remaining air.
        "Rey, Rey! Hang in there Sunshine," was the last thing I heard before blacking out.