Chapter 12

Finn walked me into a small Italian restaurant, the tables lit by candles, the servers all dressed in black pants and button ups, with a white apron tied around their waist. I began to fell under dressed, many of the other woman there wearing little black dresses, with black high heels. I wished I could have worm something like that, especially with the warm climate of the restaurant, I however couldn't let Finn find out like this. He wouldn't find out until I trusted him fully not to reveal the secret.
A host led Finn and I to a small table towards the back of the restaurant, lighting the candles at our arrival. Finn walked to my side of the table, pulling my chair out and pushing it in. "Thanks," I whispered to him, nearly positive I was blushing. Finn and I opened the menus, me closely looking at the descriptions trying to find something I had at least heard of.
     "What are you getting?" I ask Finn after a while.
      "The baked Parmesan is pretty good. Honestly I really don't love this restaurant, my parents just think it's the only place suitable for a first date. They got the reservations and everything. I'd rather just do ice cream and a movie," he said.
     "Let's just do that. We leave about a 10 dollar tip and walk out."
     "Wait seriously? When I tell that idea to a cheerleader, they seems to think I'm crazy." I nodded as Finn opened his wallet and left a 10 on the table. We walked out not caring what would be thought of us by the rest of the restaurant.
     We climbed into the car in drove to The theater. "What do you want to see?" Finn asked as we walked in.
     "This sounds just
weird but Finding Dory" I told Finn. 
      He inlooked at me smiling, "You are the best date ever." He said full of excitement, "I've been wanting to see this movie forever but nobody would go with me, and it's not like I was going alone." I smiled than laughed at Finn's excitement over a movie.
    We went to the ticket booth and purchased tickets, luckily for us, the movie that started in 15 minutes. We went to purchase popcorn and drinks, before heading to the screening room. We sat in the center, which wasn't taken even with the near empty room.
     "Oh my gosh baby Dory is possibly the cutest thing ever to hit screens," I told Finn after the movie, "she is such a cinnamon roll!" Finn looked at me confused. I had just let a piece of my inner fan girl out.
      "What do you mean by cinnamon roll? Because you are not eating Dory," Finn questioned.
       "It means a character who something bad happens to that they don't deserve."
     "Ok?" Finn shook his head, "ice cream?" He asked soon following.
"Sure," I nodded as we began out to the car. As we walked out the theater, the temperature took me by great surprise, it had seemed to drop at least 30° and looked to be lightly snowing which was a rare yet somewhat normal thing in Nashville January's.
"I have a heavier jacket in the car if you want it," Finn said looking at my chattering teeth.
"Thanks, but you can use it," I said not wanting to Finn to be cold because of me.
"It's actually a size too small for me. I just always keep it with me with hope that I'll have the perfect girl to give it to." I smiled. I was the perfect girl, I was worth something to someone for once.
When we finally got to the car, Finn walked to the trunk and grabbed the jacket, I went ahead to my seat, my ankle suddenly throbbing with an even greater amount of pain than I had earlier thought was possible.
"Here take this," he said handing me a jacket and what appeared to be an ankle brace and crutches, I looked at Finn slightly confused, "I couldn't help but notice your limp. Coach likes us to keep stuff like this in our cars just in case. I thought you could us it now."
"Thanks," I said putting the brace on my ankle and quickly changing into Finn's jacket as he walked to the other side of the car so Finn wouldn't see my bruises, "It fits," I told Finn when he got into the car. I took a good look at the jacket. It was slightly large in a few parts, and a little long, but the design. It looked like a traditional letterman jacket, the kind that only the football players and their cheerleader girlfriends wore.
       "Still want ice cream?" Finn asked pulling out of the parking lot.
       "If you still do," I replied. Finn beginning to drive to the ice cream parlor. Finn led me to a table inside as the sign said to seat yourself.
      "This is my favorite table," Finn told me pulling out the seat on one side, "would you like to share a sundae? They're really good here."
      "Sure," I said deciding to keep it somewhat simple.
     "Are you allergic to anything?" Finn questioned about to go up to the counter.
     "As long as you don't plan on getting a salmon ice cream flavor I think we're good." I attempted to stand up to help Finn order.
     "You stay here. I don't want you to move more than you have to until we get one of my parents to diginous your ankle."
    "Finn it's really nothing. I fell down the stairs. How bad can it be?"
    "Just stay off of it. If it doesn't heal within the next few days, than I'd go see a doctor," Finn left me at the table to go order. As he was up there, I saw a group of cheerleaders walking it. Phasma with her platinum blonde hair and hight difference made her stand out among the rest. I made an effort to hide myself from them, mainly to protect Finn from all the teasing that would come from being with me.
     "Well," Phasma said boldly walking up to me with the rest of the squad, "if it isn't Little Mrs. Rey; all alone too."
    "I'm not alone," I choked out with fear pulling my jacket tightly. Finn walked up beside me, placing the sundae on a neighboring table.
    "I suggest you stop messing with my girlfriend, before I mess you up," Finn said even intimidating me.
"Oh my gosh I'm so scared!" Phasma announced fake, "what are you going to do to me?"
Finn took a breath. I could see the anger flowing through him, and the cheerleaders getting nervous about what would happen next. "I'm not going to hit you," he said, "just stop messing with Rey." The cheerleaders scarcely walking away and picking up their phones, most likely with plans to call boyfriends.
"Thank you," I said Finn handing me my spoon. Finn and I began to eat, occasionally talking about random things but completely ignoring what could've been a terrible fight. I heard Finn's phone buzz when we had just finished talking. For some reason the fact he wouldn't check it was making me crazy, "are you going to read that?" I asked after a few minutes of Finn not checking the message.
He glanced down at the screen, surprise covering his face. "What is it," I asked with fear of our date ending early.
"My mom just went into labor."