Chapter 24

I nervously opened up the box, first finding a photo album from 1998. On the first page, there was a picture of mom and Luke, Luke's hands around my moms stomach, as well as the smaller hands of two children, I was guessing those were my brothers. My mom was holding up two fingers. Below it there was an ultrasound photo, with two circles around what I could only assume to be babies. I began to do some thinking. I was born in May of 99, so my mom would've had to get pregnant in September of 98. These pictures were from late October of 98, meaning unless my mom wasn't my mom, I had a twin. Course with the way everything thing else in my life was going, I wouldn't be shocked if my mom was actually a 30 year old Russian hooker. I mean I wouldn't exactly be happy, but, Luke Skywalker was my father so my mother could be the 30 year old Russian hooker and I wouldn't care.
      I turned to the forth page, when I saw a posed picture of two newborns laying side by side. The caption read Rachel and Chelsea's baby pictures. There were a few more pictures. One was a family portrait with Luke holding Chelsea, mom holding me, and my brothers, who I figured out there names were Nathan and Griffen, sitting in the front. I had a twin, and two brothers.
      Now I had the question to tell Finn or not. Much of the time, we told each other everything. He told me the new gossip at school, the terrible jokes the teachers made, and rumors that had spread about us. I told him what the sky looked like, what Jason said when he walked in the house, and other crap. Today was the first day I had left the house, and would actually have something to tell Finn other than a complete summary of the new show I was binge watching. Finn had never said I couldn't leave the house, but I had constantly overheard the doctors tell Finn to protect me from my past. Going back to a place with such haunting memories is about as close to my past as I could get.
By the time I was leaving, I had 4 boxes filled with clues of my past and 30 minutes to beat Jason home. If I wasn't home when he got back the odds of Finn not knowing was equal to the odds of winning the lottery with a five dollar ticket. Course Finn would most likely find out eventually, I mean I'd have 4 boxes more and I was pretty bad at keeping secrets from Finn. I mean, once he discovered my only big secret, I was an open book.
I carefully carried the boxes up the stairs, than called an uber for the shortish drive to Finn's house. "Would you like some help with those boxes?" The driver asked me as l got out.
"No, I'm fine. Thanks though," I said placing each one on the sidewalk as the car got smaller. I texted Elise, the nanny, to help carry in the boxes. She was just over 20, and was extremely sweet. During Addison and Madison's constant naps had played about 100 games of scrabble and scattergories. Elise was the kind of girl who I'd wished I had known back in middle school. She was shy, yet once you got to know her, she was easy to talk to. She was also very caring, which was part of the reason she got hired as a nanny. Even with our four year age gap, we had become pretty good friends in the past few days, probably because she was the only other person in this house, other than the twins and her mom, who is also the maid. The fact that Jason found Elise hot was now even more disturbing.
"Please don't tell Finn," I said to Elise as when she came outside.
"We'd you go?" she asked with a smirk.
"I went home. Like my old home. I went and got some of the final things left in my room, and than," I stuttered, "I, uh, found a box of my moms old stuff. It contains so much of my history, I had to take it."
Elise gave me a closed smile as we walked inside, with the boxes. "So did you learn anything new about yourself?"
"Don't tell this to Finn either," I bit the sides of my finger nails, "I'm pretty sure I have a twin. I found a picture and with the research I did, it all adds up."
"A girl of boy?"
"Girl. From what I saw in the pictures, I'm older."
"You have a sister. That's great. Learn anything else?"
      "Two brothers. Both older." Elise and I continued to talk about my family until we heard the garage open, meaning Jason was home. Elise and I rushed the boxes up to my room, knowing there was not enough money in this world to keep Jason from telling Finn about my day out.
Once Elise left, I walked over to my closet to pick out something for Finn and mines date tonight. I still had no idea what we were doing, Finn wanted to surprise me, all I knew was to dress causal, yet cool. I checked the nightly forecast, than scavenged through my closet realizing I had nothing perfect enough to wear tonight. Finn got home in an hour so I didn't have time to run out and buy anything, and still be home for him, so I guess I'd ask Elise if she had anything I could borrow, something she told me I just never wanted to do.
"Try these,"Elise said handing me a small stack of clothes, "Just bring back what doesn't work." I nodded as I went back to my room and began to try on. I noticed many cropped tops, short skirts and dresses, something that tempted me, but I still didn't feel comfortable in. There were just too many bruises that the doctors had said had been beaten on so much they would likely take months or even longer to fully heal. In the end I ended up choosing one of my a low neck fitted black shirt with a pair of ripped blue jeans and Finn's jacket. I took the rest of Elise's clothes back to her room on the third floor, thanking her on my way out.
I heard the garage open again, giving me the que to run downstairs. Well that's what I wanted to do, but around Finn I was on my crutches. He wants to prevent me from 'further damage' as he would say. He failed to realize the doctors had told me I just needed to us them until I was comfortable walking, and I felt fine walking so unless I was around Finn where I'd get the 5 minute speech, I walked around freely.
Finn greeted me with a smile as he walked into the house, soon after us going into a hug. "Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this," Finn said handing me my missed assignments from today. Finn stepped back for a moment, "wow," he said scanning me, "you look- I'm trying to find a word. Perfect," he finally said, "you look perfect."
"Thanks," I said, "Stop lying though."
"I'm not lying. If I was lying why would I say it so much?"
"To make me think you're not lying."
"Rey," Finn placed his hands around my waist, "I love you. A lot. And I'm not lying."
"You know repeatedly saying you're not lying is practically admitting you're lying," Finn gave me a look, "I've spent a lot of time in hospitals, rehabilitation, and laying around here, I've learned a few random facts, bad jokes, and ways to better read and understand people. I figured the last one to be important before I move across the country."
"Stuff like that is why I love you," Finn took my hand, "I promise."
"Well than I guess I love you too."