chapter 1

After John Smith was shot, John asked Pocahontas to come with him. She looked to her father to ask if it was ok. "You must choose your own path." Her father says. She looks at him then at John. She gets up and hugs her father and kisses him goodbye. "I'll be back Father. I just have to make sure he is ok." She says walking back to John. "I understand Daughter. Now go." He says shooing her. They take John on the boat. Pocahontas follows. Meko follows her. After everyone boards the ship, they take John down to lower deck to a bedroom. As the ship leaves, Pocahontas waves goodbye to her people. Her people wave back. She continues to wave until they fade away out of sight. Then the men aboard the ship guided her to where John was. She walks toward him and sits on the side of the bed. He opened his eyes. "Pocahontas I'm so glad you stayed." He says. "Promise me one thing." His wound starts to hurt. "O...Of c..Course anything." He studders.  "Promise me after you are healed we will go back to my village and live happily together." "Of.... Course..... I.... Promise." She brings him into a passionate kiss.  "I love you. Now get some rest the more you talk the more the pain will hurt." She says. He nods and closes​ his eyes. She doesn't let go of his hand. She stays right there next to him until she falls asleep on his leg.

******************
The next day they arrive in England. They take John to the hospital. Pocahontas follows. She brings meko too. When they get there they take him to the back room to operate on him. Pocahontas trys to follow but the men hold her back. "Why can't I go back there with him?" She asks. "Because they have to operate on him." Thomas says "Operate?" "Yes it means they are fixing him up." "Oh but I will see him soon?" Thomas nods. Pocahontas nods in agreement. "Okay men you all need to go home. I will stay with her." Thomas says to the men. They nod and leave. Pocahontas sits on the floor. All the nurses look terrified. Thomas sees this. "Everyone it's ok. She saved John Smith from being killed." He assured everyone.

They all sighed  out of relief and continued on with their business. After hours of waiting, The doctor finally came out. Pocahontas was asleep against Thomas's shoulder. The Doctor comes towards him and sits beside him. "He is going to be just fine. He is on bed rest for a few weeks." Thomas let's out a sigh of relief. "May we go see him?" He asks. The Doctor nods. Thomas nudged Pocahontas. She wakes up. "Pocahontas we can see him now." Her face lights up. "Let's go." She says.

They get up and go into John's room. She sits in the chair next to John's bed. She takes his hand. He opens his eyes. "Poca.... hontas......." He says. "Shhhhh. The doctor said you are going to be fine. You will be on bed rest for a few weeks but I will be right here with you." She tells him. He smiles with a nod. He grips her hand tightly. He breathes heavliy. "Now get some rest we will be here all day." Thomas says. He nods and closes his eyes. He falls back asleep. Pocahontas starts to cry. Meeko comes out of her small backpack. He gets on top of John.

Pocahontas gasps. John wakes up. "Oh hey there." "John I'm so sorry." Pocahontas says. "It's alright. He's just wanting this." He says getting out some crackers. He really likes. "Meeko!"   She shouts. "Hey it's ok it really is." John says calmly. Pocahontas sighs. "I'm sorry I'm just really worried." She says. "It's ok just relax I will be fine. Thomas why don't you take her to my house and let her get settled in?" Thomas nods. "No I won't leave you." She says firmly. "Pocahontas just go it will give you some time to get me off your mind." He says caressing her hand. She sighs and nods. She kisses him goodbye. Then goes with Thomas.