Chapter Twenty-Eight

Warning: Badly written Ziam smut. Skip to ~ if that isn't your thing.

The week of the boys’ break went as well as could be expected. Liam, his parents, and his sisters were doing something new every day, taking full advantage of the break and using it as a well-earned vacation. Zayn was enjoying it just as much, though it was much quieter back in Bradford. With his younger sisters having to go to school, he had a lot of time to himself. Instead of being lonely as he had that first day, he was comfortable, able to draw or sing or do whatever he wanted to his heart’s content. He was texting Liam every second he could, but in those moments that he was too busy or his phone was dead, he had distractions to keep him occupied.

His little side wasn’t as happy as the big one, but that didn’t mean anything was necessarily wrong. He was little at night, always falling asleep to Liam talking or singing. His laptop would still be opened up in the morning as if waiting for him to wake so he could Skype again, but instead of doing just that, he would close it and place it off to the side and go on with his day. Because he was so careful with how he acted and what he was doing, nobody was getting suspicious. Safaa and Doniya were still convinced his bum had gotten bigger, though. It made him blush every time they brought it up.

“Do you really have to go so soon?” Safaa whined, wrapping her arms around him and frowning. The week had passed all too quickly, and now it was finally time to get back on a plane and return to the tour. Actually, it was the day before they would be picking up on the tour in America, but he and Liam had decided to meet at home and spend the day together before flying to New York in the morning.

Zayn wrapped his arms around his little sister. “I do. I’ll be back before you know it, love. I promise.”

“I never see you around anymore,” She complained. “I didn’t even get to see you much this week!”

There was nothing they were able to do about the lack of time together. Safaa knew that as well as One Direction did, but unlike the five boys, she wasn’t willing to just give into the fact. Zayn would have been happy to bring her onto the tour with him if it hadn’t been for school and her other obligations here at home. He sighed, reaching into his bag and coming up with five tickets. “I was going to keep this a surprise until your birthday. These are tickets to Ed Sheeran’s next show in America. We’ll be in the same city, so you can see my concert the next day, alright? Don’t give mum a hard time.”

She stared at the tickets, her eyes widening before she let out a gasp and squeezed him tightly with her arms, grinning widely. “Thank you!”

He chuckled and nodded, pulling her in for one last hug before grabbing his things. It was too early for anyone to take him, especially because Doniya had gone back home to meet with her boyfriend and his mum had to work. He would have been gone by then if Safaa hadn’t woken up and rushed downstairs to say goodbye at the last second. “I need to go now.” He frowned, looking out of the glass and seeing that the cab was already waiting for him. She finally let go, nodded, and begrudgingly headed back upstairs. It hurt him to see how much she wanted him to stay, but he had to remind himself that it wasn’t necessarily his fault that he couldn’t be around much. It was his priority to travel with the boys and make their fans as happy as possible. He walked outside and, after looking back at the house one last time, got into the car and instructed the driver to take him to the airport.

Same as before, he slept most of the plane ride, his head leaning against the small window and a fluffy blanket over him. He had pulled on the hoodie again so he would be comfortable, and even though he should have been annoyed that he didn’t look his best when a few paps snuck pictures on his way out of the airport, he was really just too excited to be able to see Liam again. He hopped into another cab that would bring him home and sent Liam a text, grinning when he didn’t get a reply back. If their timing decided to be perfect, he would get home before Liam, which was exactly what he was hoping for. The more time he had to prepare for what he was going to do, the better.