Chapter Two

So much random inspiration for the story and I already have 93 votes on this. You guys are beautifully insane. :P Let's dedicate tonight to Tom Daley for coming out, yeah? x

By some weird means, Zayn was actually able to carry through with his plan every night for almost two weeks. He went to the signings, recordings, even the occasional club with the lads and nobody had suspected a thing. He was being extra careful, but also a bit proud, considering nobody was suspicious in the slightest. He would put a nappy on right before he went to bed, slipping sweats or pajama pants over it just in case Liam wandered in and the blankets had been pushed down. His alarm would go off incredibly early, and he would get up and discard the usually used nappy, then get back into bed and fall asleep. Things were going perfectly well. He was happier, and even the other boys noticed and commented on his pleasant attitude.

But, sadly, good things don’t always last forever.

“Zayn!” Louis yelled, jumping up and down on the bed. The younger slipped a pillow over his head, but there was no way he was getting out of it that easily. “Time to get up! I’m going to eat all of your food, mate.” He blinked when he still didn’t receive an answer. “Zayn!”

Zayn jumped, eyes wide when they were finally opened. He stared up into deep pools of blue, and with a groan, he shoved his band mate off of him. “Fuck off.”

“Now, now, Malik. This is the thanks I get for making you and your gorgeous boyfriend breakfast?”

He could feel his cheeks turn deep crimson. “He’s not my boyfriend, Lou.” He mumbled. It wasn’t the first time, but it probably wouldn’t be the last. Louis was persistent in trying to get he and Liam together, but it just couldn’t happen. Liam had a girlfriend. He and Perrie had consensually split a few months back after he confessed he loved her, just more like a sister, and he was pretty sure he liked guys. She had understood, and they were still talking as friends. It was easier and more pleasant that way.

Louis waved it off with his hand. “Whatever you and your gorgeous cheekbones say.”

It was clear that he wasn’t going to leave until Zayn was up, so finally, he set his palms flat on the bed and pushed himself into a sitting position. At the same time, a distinct crinkle could be heard, and Zayn instantly pulled the blanket even tighter over himself. Louis’ brows furrowed as he looked up at Zayn.

“Did you hear that?”

“What?”

Louis paused, trying to process the sound and determine whether he had heard something or let his imagination get the better of him. “I heard something odd…”

“It’s probably just the mattress, you know? It’s kind of old. It squeaks sometimes.”

While he seemed unsure, the feathery-haired bloke finally nodded, crawling off of the bed and getting to his feet. “Right. Breakfast is on the table whenever you’re ready.” He closed the door behind him, listening to it click before he headed off to go wake Liam.

Zayn had come as close as he had ever been before to being found out. The experience scared him, but it also sent a rush of adrenaline through his system. A smile spread over his lips as he slipped out of bed, setting the dry nappy underneath a jacket in his closet for later. With his boxers pulled back up, he followed the sound of voices and delicious smells to the kitchen, where Louis and Liam were starting to eat the homemade muffins. Tea had been started on the stove, so he walked over to that first to pour himself a mug. It might wake him up a little more.