Chapter Twenty-Five

ONE MORE DAYYYYY UNTIL SPRING BREAK. You all should follow aboutablake, he's lovely and has a story with the same title, it's just a Zarry instead of a Ziam. (: x

The Harry incident wasn’t brought up again. None of the boys were keen on starting any drama, and with all of the things that needed to be done, there didn’t seem to be any kind of time either. It was a relief for all of them, though Zayn especially benefitted from the distance between him and the youngest member of the band. The closest he got to him was when he handed him his mic before rehearsal, but other than that, they didn’t even like to glance over and have their eyes meet. It was too awkward. A few fans were starting to notice as well as the media, but they simply laughed it off to prevent them from freaking out over something that wasn’t even identified as a fight or a misunderstanding.

With the last concert before break being that night, Zayn and Liam decided to pack their things before they needed to leave. They would be going their separate ways in the morning, which they really couldn’t believe. Time was flying by, and before they knew it, they would be with their families and away from each other.

Zayn bit his lip, concentrating on trying to fit everything in the bag properly without doing too much folding. He had accidentally held it upside down when he picked it up, resulting in everything falling out and getting wrinkled. He was just randomly grabbing things at this point and shoving them back in where he hoped they belonged. If a few of Liam’s things ended up in there too, well, that may just not be an accident. Chuckling a little, he pulled Liam’s soft hoodie out of his back and set it back on the bed. That was surprising.

Liam pushed it back and kissed his cheek. “Keep it. I want you to have something to remember me by.”

“You do know that I’ll only be gone for a matter of days, right?” He held back a laugh, nevertheless taking the soft fabric and tucking it back into his suitcase. He would probably be wearing it to the airport, but it would be safer in his bag where he couldn’t forget it. “We’ll be Skyping every night.”

Liam smiled, that small sentence reassuring him. He knew they would keep in touch, but he didn’t expect Zayn to make time for him every night after not seeing his family in so long. He abandoned his packing to wrap his arms around his waist, pressing soft and loving kisses on Zayn’s neck and smiling largely. There wasn’t much time left before they would have to separate. He wanted to take advantage of as much as he could while he still had the chance. With his nose pressed against the thin skin behind Zayn’s ear, he could fully breathe in his boyfriend’s scent mixed with whatever cologne he had sprayed on after getting out of the shower. Zayn breathed in a quick breath before biting his lip, and Liam simply smiled, his lips dancing along until he found the perfect spot. It was just a centimeter or so downwards from the spot he had previously landed, and as he ever so gently moved, he could feel goosebumps cover Zayn’s usually smooth complexion. This was more fun than he thought it would be.

What was meant to be a quick peck turned into much more as Liam continued kissing the same spot. Zayn gave a tiny whimper – his way of asking for more – and when he craned his neck back and leaned into Liam more, Liam bit down. It was nothing hard, but it made Zayn gasp and close his eyes, leaning into his lips whether he wanted to or not. Liam had that magical control on him again.

Sometime while he was lost in the pleasure going through him, Zayn had brought his hands up to clutch at Liam’s shirt, feeling not only the fabric but the muscles underneath. He was in heaven. His fingers clasped tighter the more Liam nipped and sucked, leaving little nail-shaped red marks that wouldn’t be visible until he took the clothing off. Giving one last good lick, Liam finally pulled away, making sure to place a kiss on the purple circle before he did so. It was artwork and a claim all in one.