Chapter Fifteen

I'm actually feeling well enough to write for the first time in a week and a half. Pneumonia really sucks, loves. More comments just because I've been sick?

"Goodnight London!" Zayn called, smiling as the other boys said their goodbyes as well. As always, they had delivered a fantastic performance to the sold out arena, and it was almost painful for them to end it all and leave. It had to be done, though. The noise of the crowd grew deafening as they made their way off of the stage, ducking back into the hallway to get to their dressing rooms before anyone could see them. As soon as the door closed behind them, Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam and grinned. "That was great!"

"It was, wasn't it?" He nodded, kissing his forehead and rubbing his back. "Come on, we need to get dressed. We don't want to wear these sweaty clothes to the club."

Sometime during their performance, Lou had placed clothes in all three dressing rooms, making it much easier to get in and get out as fast as possible. Zayn was still big, so he dressed himself and fixed up his hair while Liam did the same, grabbing everything else they had left behind as well. Once the crayons, coloring book, and dummy had all been packed away, they were good to go.

"Do you remember what I told you earlier? About staying close?" Liam asked, biting his lip as he zipped up the bag and threw it over his shoulder. He wasn't sure if Zayn had been properly listening. When he was little, he tended to get distracted, and his mind would just wander off to other things at random times. Zayn's lips pursed as he tried to think.

"Stay close to you so I won't get lost?"

"Right," Liam nodded, kissing his cheek as he opened the door and grabbed Zayn's hand. "Please try to stay by my side."

"Kay..." Zayn mumbled. He was quiet as they shuffled to the back door, where Paul would have moved their cars right up to the curb. The back parking lot had been blocked off for cars, but that didn't mean fans couldn't possibly hop the fence to try and get a glimpse of them all. There were a few flashing cameras and yells as they quickly got into their car, but nobody tried to attack them, which was a nice change of pace. Liam locked the door once they were inside and headed for the club, leaning back into the seat. His body was still rushing with adrenaline, and one look at Zayn said that he was feeling the same exact way.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought." Liam admitted gleefully. He looked in the mirrors to make sure there was nobody following them, but it seemed like it was only them for the time being. It was just the way they wanted it. Zayn smiled back and nodded, remaining quiet as he stared out at the road.

He may have been silent, but really, he was worried. This was the first time going out when he was little. Sure, he had technically been in public since that first night, but now people were especially going to be watching him, expecting him to act as wild as he usually did. They would want him to act even crazier, considering he was officially 'single' now. Of course he would try to have a good time, but Liam may not want him to drink, and what if he started getting swarmed by the media? They were all just a jumble of worries in his head, refusing to calm even though he kept reassuring himself Liam wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.

"Hey," Liam smiled, reaching over and squeezing his hand. "It's going to be fun. If you want to leave, we can leave, yeah? Don't be afraid to tell me if you want to go home."

Zayn smiled and nodded, promising even though he knew that there was really nothing behind it. He was going to have to find a way to fake having fun even if he wasn't; he wasn't going to ruin Liam's night because he was whiny and tired and just wanted a bath and some cuddles. Reluctantly pushing his little side to the back of his mind, he texted Harry to make sure they were right in front of them, receiving an affirmative a moment later. He kept trying to tell himself that they were going to have fun despite that gut instinct he wouldn't.