Hey Kawaii,Colby said hesitantly as I turned around.

Oh I'm visible now?, I said sarcastically as he looked at me.

Kawaii don't be like this... We all fucked up back then, he said as he stood against the fridge.

I'm only what you 3 made me out to be... I'm truly happy that you guy have stayed friends throughout the years and all but I'm fine... I have my son, I said when Joe and Jon walked in.

So he is yours?, Joe said as he stood near the sink.

Yes Kody is my son, I replied.

He's a handsome little guy, Jon said.

Thank you but it's just us two, I confessed.

Whoa really?, Colby asked suddenly.

Yes I've been out the army for 2 years due to Kody and been here eversince the father wanted me to abort him so I left, I said making Joe look at me.

Wait..... weren't you in Japan?, Jon asked.

Yes I was but I don't miss it at all, I said trying to avoid Joe's stare.

Why didn't you reach out to us Kawaii?, Joe finally asked.

Why should I? You 3 were my bestfriends and you turned on me and basically ditched me after my folks went through all this trouble of bringing you 2 here to be with me because I missed my friends, I said looking at Jon and Colby. And you Joe.... You pulled me into your friendship and when I accepted it that meant they did too but as soon as we got to college it was just you 3, I said to them as their heads dropped.

Kawaii-, I cut Joe off.

No don't Kawaii me.. All I wanted was the 3 guys I basically grew up with as brothers to be there for me like I fought to have you guys simply in my life. My parents saw that you Colby was the little brother that I'd always ask for...  But all because I moved you blew me off! You wouldn't even accept my card for your grandma! That shit hurt dude... And you Jon.. Every blackout drunken night you've had I was the one who got you home.. I took the blame in College for that night you went to jail.. I bailed you out which made me join the army that following week. Yet I get fucked over, I half yelled as tears fell.

Kawaii please, Jon tried to say but I broke it down some more for them.

And you Joe... You know what I don't even want to speak on you because it's a personal thing but you made them push me away a few times but didn't care how it made me feel. I loved you guys but you ripped me to pieces and walked all over my heart, I said and walked out.

Joe walked up behind me and grabbed my arm.

Don't touch me, I said pulling back but his eyes showed something I saw my 12th grade year.

Kawaii I never meant to hurt you and I'm sorry...  I love you too and not as a friend.. I never wanted you to leave and when you did I acted childish... We acted childish. When you said you were going I felt like you gave up on us but Colby was trying to tell us that you were getting tired of our fuck ups and we didn't listen... We didn't listen, he confessed as he held my hand.

We're sorry darlin.. Yes we pushed you away and we felt it the day you left. We've made it big but it's not the same without our #1 girl by our side, Jon said.

Yeah we fucked up but we need you back in our lives.. Things haven't been right since you've been gone. We barley talk and we knew that if you found out about it like the last time then we'd be in trouble. You never told us anything wrong and we miss that, Colby confessed.

Where was all of this when I stressed about shit day in and day out... Worked two jobs... Went to class... Made sure you guys were good... No thank yous or no nothing in return for me huh?, I asked as tears continued to fall. I want to hug and catch up with you guys but I can't...  I just can't. It hurts too bad, I struggled to say and I went back to the room where Kody was.

I didn't know if they had left but I knew I couldn't be there if they were so I got Kody and left. As I made it down the hallway, I saw Joe sitting on the couch.

Kawaii.... Wait don't go I-i need to talk to you, he said sternly. He walked over looked directly at Kody. He froze for second as his body loosened up. Can I hold him?, he asked as Kody started to wiggle around in my arms.

No, I said as Kody turned around and started laughing and reached out to him which made Joe quickly take him.

Hi there little guy, he said excitedly as he tried to wipe tears away.

Kody started making a weird sound that apparently Joe understood and he started smiling.

Wait what is he saying?, I  asked as Joe didn't take his eyes off of him.

Well that let's me know you don't watch wrestling but I say oooorrraaaa when I spear someone... Lil man here is trying to say it, he said smiling even more as Kody really started to wake up.

Colby and Jon walked in suddenly and B lined it straight to Kody and to each of their faces his lit up even more.

Hey there buddy....  You know who we are don't cha?, Jon asked as Kody giggled something. Waaaaiiittt aaaaa mmmmiiinnnuuuttee now lookie here you guys... He's an Ambrose baby, he said smiling at his t-shirt.

Whatever dude that doesn't matter, Colby said as he played a song on his phone. I bet $10 he knows my music?, he said to Jon.

And out of nowhere his music dropped and clear as day I heard my son try to say Burn It Down and blew raspberries through the whole song.

Joe looked at me and handed Kody back just as my parents walked in.

Well is this a good sign or no?,my dad asked.

Nope, I said and headed to the car. I'm heading home and going to sleep, I said getting into my car and drove off.

Nobody stopped me or anything. I wanted it to stay that way. They took to Kody nicely but I don't want him to get attached so that they can change up on him like they did me if I was to let them back into my life. I wanted to but I didn't want to put myself back out there like I did in the past.

Text Messages (1)

I felt my phone vibrate and saw it was from my mom... I put my phone back down until I got home. Once I pulled up and got Kody into the house.... I checked the message.

Ma: I'm sorry baby. I thought I was doing something right with this but I didn't mean to upset you. The boys will be staying at a hotel and would like to see you 2 again but I know you don't want to. I can't make you and they understand but Joe is in love with Kody after seeing him 😌. I love you honey and I hope you could forgive me 😔.

Me: Ma all you had to do was tell me that they were coming. Give me time prepare! I didn't appreciate it and now Kody is interested in them and I'm not letting that happen.

Ma: But what if that's what he wants? Those 3 and Kody must have connected very quickly because they are his favorite characters so don't deny him that... please.

Me: Who's going to be there when they hurt him Ma? Me! That's my son and I'll be damn if they treat him like they did me

Ma: He'll have us and baby if it happens then we'll hide their bodies 😬.

Me: Ma 😔

Ma: I know baby... All I'm saying is to hear them out.... let them ease some of the hurt.

Me: 😣😔

I placed my phone down and watched Kody steal cookies.