I mentally rolled my eyes at his dramatic statements. With the way he was acting, you would think that Alexis had already rejected us.

"Hudson," Matthew said, interrupting my wolf, "You have to start acting like a real mate. She's pretty much done with you after you abandoned her during her heat. She doesn't deserve the shit you put her through."

Why was everyone on her side? Why didn't anyone see anything from my point of view? Why the hell was she so impatient? I didn't understand her. It was as if she wanted me to mark her without getting to know each other first. It was so stupid.

I glared at the paperwork and decided to change the topic, "What have you two found out about the rogues? Did any other packs have anything to report?"

Boston shrugged, "The rogues have been quiet lately. No attacks anywhere."

I didn't like the sound of that. It made the situation more daunting if they didn't do anything. It made it seem like they were planning something bigger than just a normal attack.

"Alexis seems to know something though. We told her about the witch the other day and she reacted very oddly. Then today, she mentioned something about being blessed by the Moon Goddess but she wouldn't say more about it," Matthew said quietly.

I froze.

If she knew something, why wouldn't she speak up? It could save hundreds of lives if she did. It made me very suspicious, and I suddenly felt very determined to make her talk.

I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair, "Well, let's go see what she has to say. We need to know more before we make our next move."

Boston and Matthew shared looks again which made me very annoyed.

"What?" I snapped, giving them both harsh glares.

Boston rolled his eyes, "She's not going to tell you anything. Why should she? To her, you're just an asshole who can't get his head out of his ass."

I huffed.

Girls could be so complicated. Thank the Moon Goddess I had enough sense to never pursue a relationship. It would have made my life much more complicated than it already was.

"Look, be nice to her. Don't just give her the third degree the moment you walk in. She'll hate you even more."

I took Boston's words into consideration and nodded, "Duly noted."

They nodded in satisfaction and followed me out of my room. Once we were outside, we went our separate ways as Boston and Matthew went to go check on the new pack warriors. I strolled towards the pack hospital and was about to enter when Luna Malia opened the door and stepped outside with Alexis by her side.

My eyes wandered over every inch of her body to see how badly she was affected. A wave of concern washed over me, and my wolf whimpered at the sight of his mate and tried to convince me to go comfort her.

She looked awful, and I didn't mean that in an offensive way. It was blatantly obvious how much she suffered from her heat– the exhaustion was clear on her face. But one thing was for sure, even though she wasn't feeling well, she still managed to look extremely attractive.

I tore my eyes away from her and nodded respectfully at her mother, "Luna."

She gave me a half-hearted smile, "Alpha Hudson."

I could tell she wasn't exactly pleased with me at the moment, so I turned to Alexis with an expectant look on my face. She looked surprised that I even regarded her.

"Alexis, do you think we could talk for a few minutes?" I asked.

She stared at me quietly for a few seconds before she nodded, "Sure. I know just the place."