31. Give Me A Chance

Hayden sits cross-legged on the sofa, quietly reading a book, a cup of green tea in her hand. She takes advantage of this moment alone, calm and silent, before Lily returns. Oliver went to fetch her from school.

Since their altercation last time, it is he who will pick up their daughter at school. Hayden does not want to have to deal with his constant reproaches because she does not act as he would like. She's tired of undergoing his mood changes and be constantly on her guard, not knowing if he's going to be tender or brutal with her. She does not speak to him any more, he tries to apologize and come gently back to her, but she no longer accepts. She loves him and she knows he loves her too, but he will apologize in vain, she knows he will become cold again and possessive in spite of himself.

She found it exciting at the beginning of their relationship, to know him so possessive, she liked that he only sees through her. But now, she is choking. And she's afraid he's also possessive with Lily. She knows he will never hurt her, it's his daughter but he tends to overprotect her, so much so that he would be willing to cut her off from the rest of the world just as he does with her.

She loves Oliver with all her heart, despite the little freedom he offers her, but she does not want her daughter to be unhappy and suffer later. So yes, if things do not change and despite her love for him, she would not hesitate to go with Lily, even if she must suffer from not having Oliver at her side anymore. And she knows that he would be angry with her if she took his daughter away from him and would search the whole earth to find them.

They have not slept together since one of their violent altercations a few days ago. And it was the first time since their marriage that he was so violent towards her. His desire to control everything, as usual. Since that night, he sleeps on the sofa. Even he realized that he was going too far. She can not help but think about it.

Hayden is back to Oliver, lying in bed. She feels him coming closer to her and kissing her neck, his arms wrapping her gently. She knows what he wants, but she does not feel like it tonight.

"I want you, my love," he whispers to her ear, a hand caressing her breasts. His kisses become more hungry.

"Not tonight, Oliver, I'm tired," she sighed, slightly asleep.

"It seems to be even better when we're tired," Oliver insists, sliding a hand over her crotch. "We're more sensitive to pleasure."

"Please, I really don't feel like it," Hayden said repelling him gently.

"You don't touch me," Oliver said dryly, pulling out his hand. "You don't want me anymore?"

"It has nothing to do with you, I'm just tired,"

"And I want you so much," He starts kissing her neck again against her will, but more brutally this time. His hands caress her body with ardor, almost brutally to her liking. She tries to repel him gently, but he does not pay attention. He puts himself on her, pressing his muscular torso against her breasts. She feels the tip of his cock pressed against her clit, he tries to pull her legs apart with his waist but she struggles.

"Oliver, no, you hurt me, stop!" she cried, but nothing does. She pushes him back but he is stronger and presses his body against hers. He grabs her wrists and forcibly holds them over her head. He kisses her strongly, despite her disgruntled groans. As he kisses her, she bites his lower lip. He grunts in pain and backwards, placing a finger on his lip, blood begins to flow. He watches her coldly preparing to continue his assault but she slaps him violently, in tears.

"Stop, please, it's not you," cried Hayden, shocked. Oliver wraps a hand around her throat and squeezes hard. She puts a hand on his, gradually suffocating.

"Are you sure about it?" A diabolical smile forms on his face and he does not let go. She feels the blood rise to her brain slowly. He's gonna kill her. "You've seen what I'm capable of, I'm a killer, do you remember?"

"Y-You said you would n-never hurt me," Hayden managed to blow out for lack of air.

Oliver's eyes gradually soften. Hayden feels his fingers loose around her throat and air invade her lungs again. She looks at him in tears, she masses her painful throat as he has just removed his hand. Oliver's eyes are shocked, he becomes aware of what he has just done and passes a hand through his black hair, nervously.

"I'm sorry," he said simply, his eyes absent. He straightened up and removed his body from hers. He sits at the end of the bed and puts on his blue dressing gown. He walks over to the bedside table to take his pack of cigarettes. He lights one and leaves the room without even looking at her. She melts in tears, sinking her head into the pillow.

Hayden hears the door slamming and suddenly comes out of her thoughts. She wipes a tear from the corner of her eye, she could not prevent the emotion from invading her by thinking back to this evening. Oliver arrives in the living room smiling, he removes his trench coat that he lays on the sofa. A detail challenges Hayden, anxiety takes hold of her. Lily is not with him. She is not there. She closes her book and gets up.

"Where is our daughter?" she asks, suspicious. He was supposed to pick her up at school, why is not she with him?

"To a friend," he answers simply. He uses a glass of whiskey. "He's one of my former colleagues, he has a little girl too. He agreed to keep her tonight, she's gonna have fun, don't worry."

"What do you mean?" Hayden asks, confused. "To keep her?"

"He's a trustworthy person, don't worry," Oliver replies, approaching her. He smiled at her with delight. "I'll take you to dinner tonight."

"Oh," Hayden is surprised, he never wants her out. "I don't know..."

"Hayden, give me a chance please, I'm willing to make efforts,"

"Yes, that's what I see," she said smiling, pleasantly surprised. "But will you hold on?"

"I'll do anything to keep you with me," he answers, placing a hand on her cheek. He kisses her tenderly. "I don't want to lose you, sweetheart."

"Very well, I accept your invitation," she said, looking him in the eye. She sees that he is sincere and that he is angry with him for hurting her. "But it's just because I'm starving."

Oliver smiled at the touch of humor and as he bent over to kiss her, she moved away and walked past him to the bathroom. Before entering the corridor, she turns her head and gives him a mischievous smile. He drinks a sip of whiskey and keeps his eyes on her.

Once in the bathroom, she hurries to get ready. She buckles her red hair, lightly paints her eyes with a dash of liner and mascara. She covers her lips with a red lipstick. She then rushes into the room to put on a beautiful red dress, perfectly shaping her shapes. And a pair of black heels. She joins Oliver in the salon a few minutes later. He sits on the sofa, head back, eyes closed, completely relaxed. He opens his eyes and turns his head towards her when he hears the sound of her heels on the floor. He gets up and approaches her, totally amazed.

"You're perfect," he said, impressed. She blushes.

"Are we going, Mr. Thredson?" she asks. She smiles and holds out a hand.