12. Beautiful Liar

Oliver Thredson is at home. He drinks a glass of whiskey, sits on his large sofa. He thinks.

His plan worked, he managed to get Lana out and take her at his home. She could be his mother, at least that is the memory of his mother.

She is the same age as his mother when she abandoned him, the same brown hair. And then from the beginning Lana knew how to understand his discomfort.

Of course, she didn't think she had to do the real BloodyFace. He understood when he lit his lamps. Her expression changed from recognition to fear.

When she told him that the wine was rising to her head and she needed to use his bathroom, Oliver immediately realized that she was going to try to escape.

Fortunately, he carefully took the time to lock all the doors. Except the one where he makes his lamps in human skins. Once caught in the trap, he dropped her by the trap that leads to his basement.

Now he's waiting. She shouldn't wake up soon. As he gets up to reserve a whiskey, someone knocks on his door. He places his glass and goes to the door. He opens and to his surprise Hayden is in front of him, her arms crossed, her eyes wicked.

"Hayden, sweetheart?" He forces himself to smile but her visit takes him short. "What are you doing here?"

"I return the question?" She doesn't smile at all. "And your dinner?"

"Oh, it was canceled, I was just calling you." He approaches one hand to her cheek, but she pushes it away.

"You'll tell me so much..." Hayden pushes him to go home. "Where is she?"

Oliver follows her into the living room, she moves her head in all directions.

"Can I tell who you're talking to?" Oliver looks at her amusedly, he loves to see her angry.

"I know you brought Lana here." Hayden looks at him with tears in her eyes. "You lied to me, again..."

"Why would I have brought Lana here?" He tries to appear detached.

"Maybe to play with her as you play with me?" Hayden approaches him, a look full of disgust. "I know you're lying to me, Oliver."

"So explain to me why she isn't in this room with us, if she is really there?" Oliver smiled mischievously, trying to disturb her a little.

"Maybe because she knows that if I have her in front of me, she will take my hand in the face!" Hayden screams throughout the room, she's sure that this Lana is hiding.

She approaches Oliver, pointing a finger at him.

"I trusted you..." She looks at him in disgust. "I never want to see you again, Thredson!"

Hayden walks past Oliver to the door. But he grabs her violently by the arm and draws her against him. Her back is glued to his chest and his arm is stuck under her throat to block her against him.

"Oh no, you will not give up a second time, sweetheart." Hayden struggles, trying to free herself from his grip.

"Ah, let me go!" Hayden yelled as she struggled violently.

Oliver puts a hand on her mouth to silence her, but Hayden bites his finger violently, forcing him to let go.

As she prepares to escape, Oliver strikes her with a blow in the back of the skull and she collapses on the ground. She isn't dead, simply fainted.

He couldn't let her go. If he brought Lana here, it's for Hayden too. So that she also knows a mom. They would make a nice little family all three. They would make up for lost time.

He didn't want to get there with Hayden, but he had no choice. He knows very well that when she is angry, she is impossible to resonate.

He decides to take her to his room the time she regains her spirits. He gently stretches her on the bed and strokes her cheek, before leaving and closing the door behind him.

Now it's time he went to see if Lana had regained her spirits.