26. Destroyed

The night begins to fall, Oliver is parked in front of his house. The day was particularly long, he is happy to finally come back and rest. He tried to phone Hayden in the day, but the line looked cut, no ringing at the other end. Yet he never had any worries with the phone line. The more the day passed, the more strange it was. He rushed to finish his sessions with his patients to return at home as soon as possible.

Oliver comes out of his car, a cigarette between his lips. He walks toward the front door when he sees, on his right, a black car parked right next door, but nobody inside. He pulls a puff of cigarette before crushing it on the ground with his foot. He watches the car, his mouth slightly open. He's sure he's seen it somewhere. It's not the police, it's a certainty. But he is somewhat disconcerted because he is not the kind of person to receive from the visit.

Lost in his thoughts, a memory suddenly returns to Oliver and he now remembers precisely who owns this car. He still sees this bastard greet him before climbing in, parked in the parking lot of Briarcliff. Harrison, of course.

Hayden fucks this bastard under my nose from the beginning?

Oliver runs towards the front door, in a rage. It's true that this asshole did not come to work for asylum today. And Hayden does not answer the phone. Of course, this guy is too busy fucking his wife. And to say that he had confidence in her, Oliver suddenly feels a pain in his chest. The treason.

But his face hardened by anger changes radically when he arrives in the living room and he sees Hayden sitting on the floor, knees curled up against her chest, with just a towel around her body. She slowly raises her head towards him, she is in tears. Next to her, on the ground, is Harrison's body, inert.

Oliver rushes towards her and kneels beside her. He takes her face in his hands, he wipes away the tears that flow down her cheeks.

"Hayden, sweetheart, what happened?" He asks, looking worried. "That asshole hurt you?"

"No, no! Don't touch me..." Hayden pushes his hands. She shakes her head then takes her face in her hands. "D-Don't touch me, I-I'm dirty..."

Oliver looks at Harrison's body, he has a piece of glass in his throat. He blames himself for thinking that Hayden was sleeping with this guy. It did not even cross his mind that he could hurt her. No, he always has to bring everything back to him. He looks at Hayden, she's terrified. She trembles, she dares not even look at him.

"Hayden, what did he do to you?" Oliver puts a hand on her. "Answer me, please."

"H-He messed me..." Her gaze arises on his, her eyes are emptied of expression. "He touched me, I-I still feel his lips on my skin, he raped me, Oliver, h-he raped me..."

Hayden looks at him, he sees the tears streaming from her eyes as she stares at him, eyes empty. Oliver feels a desire to break everything around him, he wants to scream with rage. Seeing Hayden in this state makes him sick.

"B-But the baby is fine," Hayden continues, looking lost. "I was afraid, you know, losing him, but it's okay, I-I feel him moving..."

But yes, the baby. His thoughts are so agitated that he totally forgot the baby. His little girl. Oliver is so upset about not being able to protect them. But at this moment, he can not help but think of Lana. He made her undergo the same thing. And when he looks at Hayden, he feels guilty. If she knew what he did. If she knew she had a rapist in front of her.

His gaze rests on Harrison's body. What is he going to do with him? Burning his body to make the slightest trace of his body disappear would be too nice for a junk like him. No... He could take off his skin, it would make a nice carpet in their room. So many possibilities. But before that, he must take care of Hayden.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry," He takes her chin in his hand for her to look at him. "I wanted to protect you, I should have known something was wrong."

"Nothing will be the same," she said, lowering her eyes. "How can you still desire to touch me, to look at me, knowing that another man laid a hand on me?"

"It's not your fault," Oliver is shocked to hear her say such things. "You'll need time to get back to you, which is normal, but my desire for you will never change, Hayden."

"Maybe," she continues, she looks at him again. "But for me it will not be the same."

"Look, for now, you're going to have a hot shower," Oliver said softly. "I'll take care of the body, and as for the rest, I'll be patient and I'll be there for you, and even if it takes months to see years, I'll wait."

Hayden agrees. He helps her get up and walks with her to the bathroom. He puts a hand in her back so that she enters the first, but he feels the muscles of her back stretch. He slowly removes his hand, he does not want to rush her. He runs the water from the shower until it is at a good temperature. He nods to tell her it's good. She looks at him and hesitates.

"Don't look at me, please..." she said, she was about to slip her bath towel. A tear slides down her cheek, she feels uncomfortable.

"I'm not going to do anything to you," he answers gently, a reassuring smile.

Hayden drops her towel and enters the shower, he also undresses to join her. Hot water flows over her red hair, her angel face and along her body. Oliver lets the hot water calm his nerves and gets closer to her. He places his hands on her hips and sticks his forehead against her. She passes her hands behind his back, her eyes closed. He said nothing, he did not want to talk. Just to be against her, to reassure her. He hears her crying, she puts her head against his chest and he squeezes her tightly against him. They stay in each other's arms, letting the warm water gently relax their muscles.

A little later in the evening, Oliver is sitting on the bed next to her. They just came out of the shower, he offered Hayden to go and rest. She is lying in bed, he strokes her hair, she looks at him intensely, lost in thought.

"I'm not very talkative, sorry..." she said, smiling slightly.

"Rest, you need it," Oliver pulls out a small syringe from his bathrobe. "It's just a sedative," he pricks in the vein of her arm, she grimaces slightly. "The baby is not at risk, don't worry."

Hayden smiles and then slowly closes her eyes, plunging into a deep sleep. He stays at her side until she is deeply asleep and then returns to the living room.

He uses a glass of whiskey, luckily some bottles are intact. He drinks a sip as he watches Harrison's body on the floor. He already knows what he's going to do tonight. He lights a cigarette and pulls a puff.

Anyway, he's not tired, he needs to take care of and Harrison's body will fit perfectly into his hobby.