Chapter Twenty-Four: That Year

Start from the beginning

"No. I'm fine," I acknowledged. "Is everything okay?" 

From the way Lucy had been blowing up her phone, I had assumed it was an urgent matter. When I listened to Lauren's part of the conversation, it turned out to be more Lucy was calling to pester her. Something a needy girlfriend would do.

"Yeah, I just forgot that I promised Lucy we would go to the beach with Alexa and Vero." Lauren yawned, gripping onto me tighter as she did. "I really don't want to move. It's so nice here with you."

"If you need to go, I don't want to be the reason you're late." I moved to get out of her bed, but Lauren wouldn't let go. "Lo, let me go."

"No," she whispered. I tried once again to get up, but Lauren wasn't having it. "No, you're my prisoner."

I laughed. "We can't-do this." This was the part I couldn't do with her. If I stayed, then it would lead to more things of the heart. Things that could make my heart be part of this. It was having a difficult time already with the phone calls from Lucy. That was my heart talking. I had to get out before the good turned into ash.

"Stay here with me. We can watch movies, Disney movies and cuddle all day." Moments from our past flashed through my head from her words. Those were some of best moments spent with her.

"A very tempting offer. But you have plans with Lucy and I should be getting home." I kissed her gently and used that as my escape from her arms. When she noticed that I was putting my clothes back on, she pouted. She was unbelievably bewitching this morning with her just-been-fucked hair falling around her face and shoulders and touching her creamy skin. It took everything in me to stop myself from falling back into bed with her. 

"I can't believe you're just going to leave like I'm some common whore."

I snorted at her choice of words. Her tone and air were playful, letting me know that she was joking around. I faced her with solely my underwear on.

"Baby girl," I mocked knowing that she hated hearing me call her that since it was her nickname for me, "you're more than some common whore. You're at least on the same level as Vivian." She flung her pillow in my direction which I easily ducked, laughing at her reaction. Her face was priceless.

"You're an ass. I can't believe you're using Pretty Woman as your reference for a hooker." I picked the pillow off the floor, finding my shirt under it. I threw the pillow back at her and slipped my shirt on. "She was a common streetwalker turned into Cinderella. How do I compare?"

"Hmm. Good question. I have no plans on spending a fortune on upgrading your wardrobe or riding in a white limo to rescue you from that lifestyle, so I guess you are a common whore." I played indifferently. Resuming my search for my clothes, I faced away from her, ignoring the look on her face of pure shock. Served her right for calling herself a common whore in the first place.

Just as I was putting on my pants, Lauren came up behind me and wrapped her arms around me, peppering kisses all over my neck which caused me to gasp. I dipped my head to the right so she could continue placing the kisses turned into love bites on my neck.

"I'd like to get paid for my services if you're done with me." Lauren licked my tender skin as her hands slid under my shirt. I leaned into her as her hands cupped my breasts, holding them in her soft hands. Her thumbs brushed over my nipples, hardening the longer her nimble fingers played with them. I moaned, enjoying this feeling way too much, more than I should. But God, Lauren was a drug and I was a junkie looking for a permanent fix.

"But..." She stepped back, removing her hands from my breasts and her mouth from my neck. "If you're not going to pay me, I guess I should go take a shower."