Chapter Thirty-Four: Tell Her You Love Her, Part One

The next chapter is split in three to make it easier on you guys. This will be the only little note until the last part.

Very important notice: in the next chapter, it is very, very, very important that you pay attention to what is in bold. You'll understand why I'm saying this now.

Please forgive any mistakes. I haven't proofread.

Oh and listen to the song: Tell Her You Love Her.

Well, enjoy.

Lauren

For the past week, I've watched Camila record her music video with Machine Gun Kelly. I've been by her side, finding a way to stay as close to her as I could be so I wouldn't feel alone.

At night, I would sneak into her room so I wouldn't be alone with my thoughts. The insolent thoughts plagued my mind continuously. The voices whispered that I was supposed to be dead, that I should have gone instead of Lucy.

"That's a wrap! We're done for the day!" The director called out, his voice echoing across the warehouse we were in for the final shots.

Upon his words, Camila was crushed into a hug by Machine Gun Kelly. She looked so tiny compared to him. She also didn't belong in his arms.

She wasn't his. She wasn't mine either, but she definitely wasn't his.

If you had died, you wouldn't have to see her all over him.

If you had died, she could be happier without you.

She doesn't want you.

She's going to leave you. Look at how successful she's going to be.

Lucy should be here instead. She wouldn't need to be looked after like a child.

I squeezed my eyes shut, anxiety washing over me. What was I doing here? I should be at home. Camz didn't need me here acting like a child who needed someone to hold their hand through every step they took. I was an adult and I had to work through this alone. The guilt, the remorse, the love I felt. I had to find how to land on my own two feet. I couldn't keep leaning on her.

It wasn't fair.

"Lo? Are you okay?" Camila's worried tone made me open my eyes. She stood in front of me, her hands touching my arms in the most gentle way possible. Her eyes searched my face for any sign that I wasn't okay.

I gave her my best reassuring smile. "I'm fine. Just a slight headache."

I patted one of her hands with mine to complete the reassurance.

"Do you want to go back to the hotel? We can cuddle up on the couch and watch movies for the rest of the day."

"Sure."

Butterflies swarmed in the pit of my stomach which caused me to sigh. I waited for the voices to interrupt how I was feeling but there was not a single peep from them.

Good. I wanted to relish in this moment.

"Come on. I just need to get out of this outfit."

-------

"Did you choose a movie yet?" Camila asked me as she walked out of the bathroom, holding a towel up to her head to dry her wet hair.

As soon as we got back, Camila told me to pick a movie while she took a shower. Of course, I was going to pick a movie, but I got distracted with thoughts of Camila being naked...and wet...and that's when every thing else became insignificant.