Chapter Five

Camila

"We've got three songs ready to be placed on the album. We've got them ready so we can listen and then we can pick out who gets what part."

Janelle started playing the first song, Work.

I tried to listen to the lyrics but my mind wandered off to this mornings events.

Waking up next to the green eyed girl had been a beautiful feeling. It had over two years since I had the privilege.

But waking up with her today, had been an experience. Her legs had been tangled in between mine. Her face was nuzzled into my neck and her hands had been underneath the the sweatshirt I wore. They were not touching my upper chest but they were definitely touching my stomach, my bare stomach.

The last time I had her like this, I cherished it because that same day, I broke her heart.

The hatred that spread through her beautiful features tore my heart apart. I was hurting her then, but I knew then that I would save her from greater heartbreak. Those were such lies I told myself then.

And this morning, this morning I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Dreams do come true but not always in the way we want them.

I spent a few moments taking in the feeling of pure simplicity having her in my arms again.

My eyes raked up and down her body, catching sight of her panties. They were slightly falling off her ass. I'm sure if I leaned a little closer I would have seen more, but respected her boundaries. It was so hard to just focus on anything else once I noticed what was going on down below.

She had mentioned something about taking a picture as it would last longer. Her voice was raspier than usual due to the morning. The husky sound had sent my mind into overdrive and I had to pull away before I did something I would regret.

I looked across the table we were sitting at and noticed the green eyed girl was staring a hole into my face.

Catching her in the act, she blushed profusely. Being the vampire that she was, the blush was the brightest red you had ever seen. It could be compared to Rudolph's nose.

I sighed internally. I had the feeling that she was going to be falling in love with me all over again. And if she remembered... If she remembered, then it would be heartbreak all over again. We wouldn't be talking anymore and... A whole lot of problems would appear out of thin air. The same ones the accident had put on hold for us.

But what was worse, I had lied to her last night. For her own good and to protect her from my monstrosity, I had flat out told her Camren didn't exist except for as friends.

It had originally.. then we started falling and it became all too real. And the guilt and the remorse for hiding things from my parents, from the girls--initially--and from management started to weigh on me.

Which lead us to today and the pickle we were in.

Caught up for the better part of the song, I zoned back into the real world towards the ending of the song.

"That was lit, aye!"

"What the hell is lit?"

"It means it's popping. How do you not know that?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe a memory loss of 3 years has something to do with it?"

Oh there was sarcasm Lauren giving Dinah a piece of it. It was something that we had all grown used to.

"Lauser, don't be so rude." Dinah scoffed, but I could see a smile forming on her face.

I laughed, happy to see something familiar between them. I think we all were happy about it.