Chapter Twenty-One

Lauren

With the way things went a few days ago, I didn't expect for Camila to bounce back and act like nothing happen. She didn't ask me anything, just like she said she wouldn't. But she did talk to me and even laughed. We had very simple conversations and she didn't exclude me from anything she would talk to the other girls about. It was like we were just band mates.

Not that it was a problem for me to just be band mates with her. First and foremost that is what we were. We were in a girl group together and we were here to work together. Fighting shouldn't be part of that. Or kissing. Or seeing each other naked. Or having a relationship other than a professional one.

But...

Deep down, I knew I was in the wrong and I needed to apologize for my behavior the other day. I was playing a dangerous game with the way I was hot and then cold the next minute. If I kept this up, I would surely alienate Camila and that would cause damage not only to me but to the girls as well. They didn't need to be thrown in the chaos Camila and I called friendship. It wasn't fair to them to have to pickup the pieces. I'm sure they were getting tired of the same old song and dance.

With tomorrow being a day off, I suppose I could take the time to talk to Camila. Really talk to her this time and just set the record straight once and for all. Just to be fair to both of us. I'd have to ask her tonight before she made any plans that would take her away the whole day.

Having just wrapped up the show in Buenos Aires, all of us were in the dressing room getting changed. Except for Camila. She wasn't here. I scanned the room once more trying to locate her but she was nowhere to be found within these four walls.

Quickly changing into something simple and packing away my stuff into my suitcase, I walked out of the room in search of the brunette. I ran into some of the members of the band. I asked one of them if they had seen Camila, to which he told me they had seen her walk off with Ash earlier. Thanking him, I walked off in the direction I assumed they would have gone.

My jealousy surged by hearing Ash's name. She had been spending an awful amount of time with Ash in between the practices and the concerts. They had become inseparable. Just like we had been when I came back into the group.

Well no shit. You friend zoned her. What else do you expect her to do? Stick around and hope someday you'll pick her?

I let out a frustrated sigh. The voice in my head was right. I couldn't expect Camila to wait for me and expect her to not make friends or find relationships. I was pushing her to do that but keeping her as just a friend.

"So what do you think about this? I don't know if it sounds right. Maybe it would sound better on the piano."

I held my breath hearing Camila's voice from the room I was about to pass. I stopped and leaned up against the wall so I could listen in on what was going on. It was not the correct thing to do, but I didn't want to interrupt whatever it was that was going on.

"I think you could be right. Why don't you try it? There's one here and that way you know if you can eliminate the idea or use it." I heard someone get up and their steps as they walked across the room. There was the sound of a chair being pushed against the floor of the room. 

At this point, I could only assume that Camila was the one who had gotten up and was the one who was going to play the piano.

When did she learn to play the piano?

"Now don't make fun of me. I'm still learning how to play correctly." Camila said.

"Don't worry about it." Ash told her. Well I assumed it was her since Camila had been with Ash the last time someone saw her.