Kuroo x reader (FLUFF)

Background of story:

You and Kuroo started dating three years ago and both of you are in your last year of high school. Feeling insecure and worried about both of your future, he then surprises you with something really unexpected.

FLUFF

___________________________________________________________

"ON EARTH TO KUROO TETSURO!" you smacked him on his head with your thick-ass chemistry textbook.

"OUCH! (F/N) THAT HURTS!" Kuroo seemed to have woken up from his daydream.

You sighed and banged your head on the library table. "We're here to study for finals, oh gosh! Stop daydreaming!" you groaned.

"OI! THE TWO OF YOU OVER THERE! LOWER DOWN YOUR VOLUME GODDAMMIT! I'M TRYING TO STUDY FOR FINALS!" a random student yelled at both of you with tears dripping down his cheeks.

"Tch," you clicked your tongue in annoyance, "you lower down your volume." you mumbled silently, faintly be heard by your boyfriend.

"Heh (F/N)-chan." you turned around, only to see Kuroo winking at you with a huge smirk across his face.

You rolled your eyes, "What?"

He put his arm over your shoulder and pulled you to him, "I will further my studies in America."

You almost choked at what he said; you thought it was a joke. But when you turn around, you see his face and - he was serious. It was the face he made when he played volleyball, the face full of determination, confidence and seriousness - it was no joke.

"Wh-what about volleyball?" you were a little frightened by his serious aura thus you stuttered a bit.

"If I studied in America and when I come back to Japan, I can earn good money." his face still remained serious.

"Oh..." you didn't know how to react, so you just made your reply seem casual, not too formal, not in a jokingly manner.

"If I earn good money..." he turned his head to you, leaning in closer until you could feel his breath on your ear.

"THEN WE CAN GET MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS!!" he suddenly shouted in your ears, making you screamed and slapped him in defense. And with that, you earned a deadly glare from a certain dude with tears in his eyes.

A hand on your chest, you stared at your boyfriend in disbelief and disgust while he softly massaged his cheek which you slapped earlier. 

"Are you serious? Oh my gosh, I can't believe I almost fell for-" 

"No, I am serious. I will go overseas after finals." again, that face.

You avoided his vision and started keeping your study materials (which you didn't really touch) with a faked smile on your face.

"Come on, Tetsu! You know I won't fall for that once more! Let's leave" you turned around, seeing Kuroo surrounded by a gloomy aura, staring at you.

While you were waiting for him to say something, he simply nodded and stood up with all his untouched study materials. He then proceeded to grab your hand and dragged you outside the library. On your way out, you could feel someone glaring at you and Kuroo while sobbing, something about "damn couples" could faintly be heard.

While both of you were exiting the school area, no one said a thing. You were trying to think of something to talk about because you're feeling really uncomfortable with such awkward situation. The tragedy was that you couldn't think of anything. Volleyball? But Nekoma recently lost to Fukurodani and didn't make it to the nationals. Finals? But the atmosphere could get worse if you bring this depressing topic up. College? But then everything would just get worse!

Just when you could feel your brain was going to burst, he stopped. Before you realized anything you were in a playground where he confessed to you few years ago. 

Ah, memories. You still remembered that day where he did the same thing - forcefully invited you to the playground, then blushing massively while he recited you a love poem which was obviously not written by him - you were pretty sure that either Yaku wrote it for him, or he copied it somewhere online.

And then suddenly something flashed in your mind - could it be a breakup? Everything about both of you started here, was he planning to end everything here too? Feeling extremely anxious, you felt something icy running down your spine.

"You remember here, right?" he wasn't smirking, or smiling like he always did. You already simulated your whole depressing life without him in a million ways before he even said anything.

"You became my girlfriend here. And now I want you to become someone else here. I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore." and then boom, something you were afraid of finally happened. The most heart-breaking thing was that he said it out so casually, without any guilt.

"Be my fiance. I do not have a ring, I can't afford that. And I can't just go to my parents and be like hey mom I'm getting married, but..." he turned around and looked at you.

He pulled out a box from his pocket and opened it

He pulled out a box from his pocket and opened it. It was a ring made out of flower and grass - obviously inexpensive, but you couldn't imagine him doing this with his huge, clumsy hands. And your tears just spilled out, massively you would say.

"Te-Tetsu!" you were speechless.

"I spent a whole week doing this. This may seem like a joke, but," he knelt down on his right knee and presented you the ring, "would you marry me? Well, not now, but when you are ready, when both of us are ready. Perhaps not too long from now, maybe after both of us have finished college and have stable income."

"I DO!" you laughed at his uncertain speech and stretched our your right hand, allowing him to put on the ring on your ring finger.

He smiled and pulled you into a hug. Both of you hugged each other tightly, as if you would never let each other go. It was the most wonderful thing that had happened so far.

"Tetsu, about the America thing earlier," you pulled away, "please come back soon." you smiled at him, putting your arms around his neck.

"Oya oya? Did you forget something I said earlier?" 

"Huh? What?" you looked at him in confusion.

"About the having kids thingy - do you think we can have four-" before he even finished his sentence, poor Kuroo Tetsuro received a heavy punch in his stomach.

"SHUT UP!" your face all red, you stomped away from the groaning male on the grass.

-a week later-

"TETSUUU!!!!" Kuroo and his volleyball teammates jolted at the sudden scream in the gym. He turned around and saw a wild (L/N) (F/N) in tears.

"The ring you gave me is wilting! UWAHHHH--" you started crying loudly.

"R-ring?" Kenma weakly stated while giving Kuroo a weird stare.

"WOHHHH KURO-SAN DID YOU PROPOSE TO (F/N)-CHANQ?!?!" the helpful Yamamoto had helped to deliver the message.

Before both of you realized anything, you were surrounded by a big bunch of cats asking about the proposal, and a lion constantly asking whether or not he could be the uncle of your future children.