"Kirstie's... Kinda drunk. Scott's apparently really drunk. And, uh... I'm kinda tired, and kinda wanna go home... But I don't wanna leave them."

"Oh. No big deal, I'll go get Scott and you chase after Kirstie. Meet by the car?"

Alex nodded, luckily still having eyes on Kirstie as he rushed off to grab her.

Avi didn't have to go far, before finding Mitch on Scott's lap as they sloppily made out. He groaned a little, and then sat down right beside Scott. "Hey, dipshit. Why don't you--?"

Scott turned his head, revealing his messy hair and swollen lips. "It's my fucking birthday, leave me alone."

"I will, I promise. But can't you guys do that at home?"

Mitch finally looked over too, appearance similar to Scott's. "Sure we can... Is something wrong? Somebody wants to go home? Did someone call the cops, or..?"

"Alex doesn't exactly hold his alcohol well. Wanted to go home, but didn't want to leave you guys. So he's gonna ask Kirstie if she minds leaving, and I'm here to bug you guys."

Mitch climbed off of Scott, now standing on the ground in front of the couch. "I'm good to leave... Scottie? It's your party, baby, is there anything else you wanted to do before we go?"

Scott shook his head slowly. "Nah..." He mumbled softly. "You're all I need."

Avi made a gagging noise and stood from the couch. "I hate you guys. Let's go."

Scott pouted at him. "You don't mean that... Take it back."

Avi actually laughed. "Shit, forgot you were drunk. Sorry. I love you Scott. Happy damn birthday, kid."

"Happy damn birthday." Scott repeated, smile returning to his face.

Mitch held a hand out to pull Scott from the couch, careful not to touch the broken one. "Come on, honey."

Scott stood up and fell onto Mitch a little with a laugh. "I'm here. How are you?"

"I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

Mitch blinked at him. "I'm okay..."

Avi rolled his eyes. "Come on you guys. Let's go."

*

Avi was the one to drive them all back, seeing as nobody else was in any condition to do so. 

Even Mitch was too busy babysitting the giant baby to be much help at all. 

Alex had reclined his seat, because Kirstie had given him permission, just so she could play with his hair. 

And Avi was like 80 percent sure that Kirstie's little scalp massage was gonna put Alex to sleep. 

Meanwhile, Scott was resting his head on Mitch's shoulder with a wide, dopey smile. 

Mitch just had a hand on Scott's knee, looking out the window. 

Scott's eyes were closed, but for some reason he hummed and then spoke softly, just under the volume of the radio. "You're gorgeous."

Mitch looked down at him. "Me?"

Scott giggled lightly, and looked up at Mitch with a wide grin. "Obviously. Who else?"

Mitch kissed him once, and squeezed Scott's knee lightly. "You're so cute... I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you--"

"Most!" Scott interrupted, face lighting up with joy because he'd said it first.

Mitch shook his head lightly, and then looked back out the window. "You're adorable."

Scott put his head onto Mitch's shoulder again, kissing Mitch's neck while he was there. "No you are."

Mitch didn't respond, not wanting to annoy Avi any further than he knew they already had. "How are you feeling, honey? Sick at all? Headache-y?"

"No.. Feel good... Tired though."

"We're almost home, babe."

Scott giggled again. "Will you tuck me in? Or... Or read me a bedtime story?"

Mitch smiled again. "You're silly, Scottie... What if I just lay next to you, and cuddle with you until you fall asleep? Would you like that?"

"I would like that very much."

"Good... That's the plan then, okay?"

"Okay... Love you." Scott mumbled again.

**