Chapter 3: Escaping a Terrible Fate

Lily and Mally watched Parker faint and slump to the ground, drool dripping out of his mouth. They laughed and giggled. What a wimp he was! They heard a clunk from the guards and heard them yell, "Quick! Take your positions!" But they didn't have what she and Lily had. With a quick wave of her pinky, the soldiers went flying out toward the oaks of the forest. Afterward, Mally gave a quick high pitch scream that made all the remaining soldiers cover their ears, breaking the remaining glass in the castle. The soldiers that had been thrown to the trees were hiding fearfully behind the plants, careful to conceal their presence, but Lily saw them and raised her hands in a warning.

"Go away! Off with you dainty little men!" Mally roared, the soldiers shaking with terror as if her voice was amplified by a microphone. As the men stepped away from behind the trees, they ran away fearfully, in search of protection at the manor.

"Whoa! I didn't know you could do that Mal!" Lily said, astounded, staring at Mally as if she had just met a celebrity.

"It's one of my many mysterious abilities, and I like to call it the Sonic Boom," Mally whispered with excitement, making a huge kaboom noise afterward.

"No. I didn't mean that. I thought you were a kinder person, but man, Mally. You're so amazing." Lily laughed. "Now back to work. We're criminals now. We need to gain ground, and fast too. Can you help me carry Parker?" Lily asked, gesturing to the slobbering Parker laying on the ground. She grabbed Parker's legs, holding them far from her body. "Actually never mind. He's fairly light." Mally shrugged, casting her arms beside her as she stepped forward.

"Can't you just use your telekinesis to raise him in the air while we continue on?" Mally cautiously asked, thinking with rationality. Lily's cheeks reddened and she did a sassy hair flip with her left hand, but was careful to keep a steady hold on Parker with her right.

All of a sudden, Mally felt a tap on a shoulder and she spun around, ready to face anyone that came her way. After all, it could be her father. Parker fell to the ground as Lily put her hands up, ready to fight as well. The old man from the ballroom was standing there with his silver tooth giving a gleam to his evil smile. "Who are you?" Mally asked, careful to keep a distant away.
The old man smiled and slowly whispered, "I thought you knew me from the dance but, aw that doesn't matter, does it prophesied warrior princess Mally Johnson? Let's just say, I'm an old magician, whom no one cares about anymore. I go by, mmm. Just call me Mr. Rold for now, until we get to know each other a little bit more..... thoroughly. But of course, I already know you. Hah! Hah! Hah!" Mr. Rold pointed at Mally and laughed like a madman. Lily brought her hand up to swipe Mr. Rold away with her telekinesis but when she tried to, Mr. Rold glowed orange and Lily was forced backward and she hit the ground hard.

"How do you know who I am? And what do you want with me?" Mally screamed, cautiously looking back to see if her friend was okay, but not surprised to see that she had a huge lump on her head and was unconscious. Mally was tempted to use her new ability but thought better of it. She wanted Mr. Rold to be "in the dark" about her "unknown" abilities. 

"Oh the questions, the questions! I'm a magician, my dear girl. I know everything. Let's just say I want something that you have. Or perhaps... if you don't want to give it to me, I could....maybe turn someone's exact coordinates into the king of this planet! And maybe I could, just maybe..... kill off your delightful little friends over there." Mr. Rold giggled and gestured to Lily and Parker.

"I would never give anything to you!" Mally squawked, her voice giving away her fear for her friends and her fear of Mr. Rold.

"Ahhhh. I feel someone's fear. Such a good feeling at last!" Mr. Rold smiled and both Lily and Parker vanished and suddenly a globe magically appeared in his hand. In the globe, Lily and Parker were on beds, silent and stiff from Mr. Rold's spell.