Chapter 38

"Release him, Phun Phumiphat, and i will let you go unharm!"

Gregory shout at the man who was holding my hands. He was shielding me behind his broad shoulders.

"Over my dead body! You took him from me and i'll take him back you mother fucker!" Phun shout back at him.

"Shoot them!!"

And the sound of open fire was heard from every direction and i was dragged to everywhere.

It happened so fast i couldn't recall what's happening. "Noh, don't be scared, i'll get you out of here. Don't worry bae." Phun said between the gunfire.

"He's hit! He's hit!" After what it feels like eternity, suddenly someone shouted. Then everything went silent. I couldn't prevent myself from getting out of my hiding place, and saw that it was Gregory who was laying in the snow, a blood splattered around him like a scarlet ribbon in the snow.

The gun fire was stopped when he ordered his man to stop. Then he whispers to someone from his troop.

"Mr. Gregory wants to say something to his wife. Please come forward, we will not harm you."

Is that me? Was it suppose to be me? I resented it when he calls me his wife. And now he calls me infront of everyone here. But he's dying and i would feel guilty if i don't answer his call. Don't ask me how i feel that moment. I was barely able to walk in the snow yet i have to come forward. Phun, being considerate, lets go of my hand and wait where he stands.

Gregory was smiled at me when i put his head on my lap. His breath was labored and shallow, and his body was trembling in my touch. Yet he managed to smile at me warmly.

"Noon..i'm sorry for what i've done..I love you too much..Thank..you.." He's mumbling something incoherent before fading away right before my eyes.

The man who was holding me in custody for maybe more than a year, the man who was being so protective towards me and guarding me all the time, the man whose love was unrequited.

I should've hate him, i know. But he's gone now, for a reason unknown to me. I pity for a soul that could've been saved if not for that stupid reason. He was still in his prime age, he could've had his own family and be happy with them. And for that, i cried for him. I cried for his loss.

"Stupid, stupid man... what's this are for? You guys are fighting, for what!? Is it enough? are you satisfied killing another human?" I shouted. I don't love Gregory and i never will. But no man should ever kill another for any reason.

"Dumbass! He shot your brains out over a year ago and you cry for him now? Don't you cry for yourself that he imprisoned you all this time? making you wear that stupid woman's clothing? and making your true husband suffering for his loss? making your children into an orphan without their mother? He was a leader of the worlds leading drug dealer, jerkhead! We had been battling with him for eternity trying to get him away from our country, and you feel sorry for him? ha? Don't be so naive, Noh!" Earn yelled at me while walking closer to me, drag Phun along with him.

"Phun, get your stupid naive wife back for God's sake!" He said. Phun pulls me up and we left Gregory's body in the care of his men.

Don't ask me how confuse i am this time. I don't even know who i was yet i have to experience all this commotion. Phun, Earn, and his companions are taking me to some abandoned warehouse, while the rest of their crews disarmed Gregory's man from their weapons.

The night was turning into dawn, and i still sat in the corner and doing completely nothing. I don't care what they're doing or saying, i wanted to get away from everything.