Royal eighteen

Yoongi

"Minnieeee!" I cried and placed my head on his lap as he continued to read his dumb boring book, completely ignoring my precious presence. Is he really choosing that over me?

"What?"

"Notice me not-so senpai!" I whined and threw my hands in the air. He sighed in defeat and closed the book. My lips curved upwards into a wide grin when I saw him throwing me an intense glare. "Please?"

"Alright, what do you want?"

"Let's go on a date!"

"No."

"Oh come on!" I sat up straight at the couch and faced him with a pout on my face. He shook his head. "Why not?!"

"I don't wanna go out again after what you did at the fair."

Yeah, he knows that we only planned that to make them jealous. But in my defense, it was Namjoon's idea which was true! He also found out about us spying them, according to him it was 'creepy'. He's been mad at me since then cause he felt betrayed, that lasted for a whole week – and still counting. But it was worth it because I found out he's starting to like me!

"Just a movie marathon would do! Please?" I folded my hands together and pushed out my bottom lips for more dramatic effect which seemed to be working. He stopped for a moment before nodding his head with a small smile. "Okay, I'll prepare the food."

"Really?"

He lifted a brow shortly. "You don't want? Oka—"

"No! I'm gonna go wash now!"

I ran back to our room to ready my clothes when my phone rang. I fished for my device that was carelessly thrown at me bed and swiped the green button after seeing the caller. "Yo Cheol? Ssup?"

"Your highness, please come here at the palace. It's an urgent matter, dress formally."

"What? No way! Me and Jimin has a date to do! I can't! Do you know how long it took me to make him agree? A whole flipping week! I'm. Not. Going!" I shouted and was about to end the stupid call when he responded in a speed of light.

"No prince you don't understand, our kingdom is at stake! You have to come and discuss this utmost important matter." He replied in a nervous tone making me a little anxious as well.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Just come here quickly please. The royal chauffeur is waiting for your presence at your location."

My hands trembled thinking what might've happened – or better yet, what will happen. Sungcheol wouldn't call me if it wasn't an emergency, and he handles every single one with no pressure so this was a surprise. It must be very important. Anxiety came striking me as I grab my coat and wallet from my room, sprinting out in a hurry. I saw Jimin wearing a blue apron while baking something on the table. As much as I want to watch him bake while singing, I don't have that luxury of time to do so.

"Where are you going princey? It's already past 6."

"Uh... I have to drop by the palace for a bit. Don't worry I'll be back for our date!" I slipped on my shoes, waving my hand at him and shutting the door behind me.

"Psh, be quick."

Ten minutes later, I reached the familiar golden gates of the palace. The guards formed in line and bowed as I walked out of the car (that I'm surprisingly not used to anymore) and toward the large doors. Two males opened them for me while I made my way inside. When it parted open, Sungcheol's terrified face welcomed me. "Prince! Why is your attire like that? I thought I specifically told you to dress formally."

"Do you expect me to bring a fancy prince suit on my bag all the time? Also, it was an emergency so I hurried my way here without changing."

Sungcheol groaned and motioned the prince to the flight of stairs. "Alright, come on then, we have to dress you up for the dinner."

"What? What dinner?"

"Dinner with the royal Shin family your highness. Now up you go, your bath is waiting for you." He clapped his hands and a series of maids accompanied me to my room.

Why is this so annoying now? It didn't feel like this before. I even loved it, made me feel special. Now it's just plain annoying. Maybe because I'm not used to it anymore. Actually, I'm not used to any of the royal shits anymore! This is bad! I've been from grand to a simple citizen!

"Who the heck are the 'Shins'?" I asked one of the maids who was the closest to me. There were like ten maids which was completely unnecessary.

"The Shin empire of the north, they are bringing the crown Princess, your highness."

"Who is–"

"We'll see you in ten prince."

What the fuck is going on here?! I want my Jimin! I need to see him! I have to be beside him!

After the unusual, one hour relaxing bath (and here they say it was an urgent manner), I changed into a blue with gold accents silky shirt and black pants and wore a new pair of black boots to pair. A stylist even came to fix my face and hair up. At around 7:42, I descended the stairs and saw the maids busy walking around and fixing the whole castle.

"Sungcheol, can you please tell me what's going on? I still have a date to go to." I frowned as soon as I reached him. He set his clipboard down on the table and looked at me seriously.

"Cancel it."

"What? I can't cancel that! It's a movie date with my princess! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!" I declined furiously, pushing him off by the shoulder.

"You're gonna meet your fiancée, prince. Your true princess."

"What? No way! I have already picked a person that I wish to marry!" I yelled at him, my face going red in anger. He can't do this to me! I'm still the prince of the country, he should listen to my orders! It's rare for me to be mad like this, but could you blame me? He's being such a dick right now.

He sighed deeply while clutching into the board. "Listen prince, if you're gonna marry Princess Shin, you'll immediately be crowned King and you'll finally leave that horrible life you speak of."

What?

"That's right, no more school. No more 'poverty', you can get as much money as you want. You get to sit on your favorite throne and wear your crown like the king you will be." Sungcheol added, his words making me think intently. "But if you don't, you're gonna go back to that small house, work at the cafe and earn money everyday, do chores and school stuffs. You don't want that right?"

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. It's too good to decline.

"But it'd be great if we could say no that easy and everything will be alright afterwards, because if you'd ask me I really don't want you to marry her because... well, she's from the north and our side of their kingdom has many issues with them. When you fuse the kingdoms together, they will most likely dominate us. But the thing is, her family doesn't want to take a 'no' for an answer. They say if you decline the offer, they will declare a war between our country."

War?! What the fuck?! Just because I won't marry their daughter?!

I don't wanna sound selfish and say that I really really don't want to do anything with that chic and her crazy family but I'm still the prince and most likely to be the next king of the country and these are my people, I have to protect them! And that includes my Jimin. If taking away my freedom and happiness means that my country is safe (well not really cause they'll dominate us either way which I won't allow them to) then I'm willing to sacrifice it. For my country and for my people... and for Jimin.

"Okay."

A/n:
And the conflict starts! I mean, guys, it's a book. You can't expect everything to be fine and stay just the way they are. It'd be boring af!