Chapter 15

A/N: WOW. I've NEVER had as much feedback on a chapter that I've had on the last one! I'm glad you enjoyed the plot twist, I promise it had it's purpose, along with what happens in the first part of this chapter. Everything in my stories has a purpose for one reason or another, so be patient please as they reveal themselves! We have another interesting chapter with our lovely men and our leading lady, Sigyn. After so much drama last chapter, surely there can't be more??? HAHA WRONG.

I hightly recommend the band that has the song for this chapter. It mirrors a particular relationship.. can you guess which one? As always, enjoy :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her breath shook when the came out in the hallway, her whole body was shaking uncontrollably. Theoric, who was still trembling with anger had placed his sword back in its sheath. He seemed to be struggling to say something even though his back was turned to her, but she was too afraid to ask. The smack hadn’t truly hurt, even though it had drawn some blood, but she was more afraid of what it meant than anything, was she losing him?

“Lady Sigyn…” His voice was a half sob, his eyes not meeting her when he turned to face her. She could see the tears splashing down on the floor before him, her arms wrapping tight around her body, her mouth by now had stopped bleeding. She wanted to reach out, tell him it was okay but another part was screaming at her to run, run as fast and as far as she could away from him.

They stood there in the hallway for what seemed like an eternity, though she knew it had barely been 5 minutes. It was like they were in too much shock to speak at all; she couldn’t fathom what was going through his mind. Her mind was racing, trying to figure out exactly what to say to him. She wasn’t angry, though she knew she should be. Why? It hadn’t been Theoric, her Theoric that struck her… right?

“Lady Sigyn” His voice starting again, catching a second time when he said her name, and she thought he would lose his confidence to say anything again.

“I shouldn’t acted like. I shouldn’t have hurt you. I do not think you will ever trust me again, and I do not blame you. It’s just... I have watched that mad man since I was a child, I have seen how he twists the truth and how he hurts the ones he loved. So many of my friends perished at his hand. I refuse to lose you as well. Lady Sigyn, I have fallen fast for you and I am not ashamed of that, I would shout it for all of the universe to hear! I am falling in love with you my Lady. If you find it in your hear to forgive me, I pray that we will make amends… I do not wish to lose you.”

He had come close to tears again at this point, his hand reaching out for hers but pulling back when he realized it may be too soon. Sigyn could feel something wet slide down her cheek, tears. She hadn’t realized she was crying till they plopped on the back of her hand, my how much she had fallen for him as well. Watching him break apart was killing her; she had to say something.

“Good Theoric,” The man had yet to look up, seeming to flinch away at the word ‘good’. “Theoric.” Her hand touched his face this time, pulling it up to look at her. Her hands drifted to hold of his, bringing it close to her chest.

“You mean so much to me, but it hurts… You do not trust me Theoric. You do not trust that I can care for myself, that I am someone who is weak and is incapable of caring for herself. Do not take this the wrong way! I am quiet glad you would care for me in such a manner, but I ask that you trust me… I love you very much Theoric, I do not want to lose you either. I forgive you, but know that if this is to occur again, I will never come back to you. But you must also trust I know when a situation is too dangerous for me to be in. Will you trust me when it comes to minor matters concerning my safety such as seeing to Loki as the All-father requested?”