Chapter 10

• Dedicated to Lilly aka "Babs to My Zee"

A/N: WOAHH WE'RE HALFWAY THEERREEEE. And BOY has it been a ride and it's not even close to being done! Several key things in this chapter and while it lacks our favorite man in green, it is one of the last chapters that does not feature him regularly (and by regularly I mean pretty much every chapter) so... yay? Some of you have been dreading this chapter and I'm sorry to say it's here... As always, enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The screams in the garden and courtyard below was what caught her attention first, the running, the fire and the guards scurrying around below her. The fire was falling from the ship and the sound of yelling and screaming now coming from the cells drew her attention away from the courtyard. Running out towards an opening at the end of the hallway, she saw Thor standing with Frigga.

“Loki.” Was all she heard from the blonde man, his Mjölnir taking him into the sky and towards the action. Frigga looked around, the people swarming around her but she was not fearful, no she had the look of a warrior. I was quiet stunning to Sigyn to see the woman she who was married to the man she feared would drag her back into the prisons. But she meant well, after all she cared for Loki when no one else did. Had she begged for Thor to go and see if Loki was alright? Or did she too think it was his fault; it seemed to intense to be from the former prince. 

“Sigyn, come with me.”

Snapping her out of her thoughts, the Queen turned without another word to the maiden. There was no question in her voice and Sigyn followed immediately, walking swiftly behind the Queen as she made it back into her private chambers. The palace shook around them and loose dirt rained down from the ceiling above them.

“You know how to wield a sword I hope?” The Queen was offering Sigyn a blade, a blade of beautiful craft, by far one of the finest she had ever seen. Frigga trusted her, fully trusted her enough to wield a sword. It was comforting to know, though she wished it would not be under these circumstances.

“Yes my Queen.” Taking the blade in hand, she stepped back and moved it a few times to understand the way the sword moved through the air under her command.

“Good, I have a feeling we will require both of our blades this day.” Frigga motioned to the back portion of her chambers to where a vault lay.

“This vault holds the very essence of life and death within it. Should the Dark Elves place their hands on it, all would be lost. They must not get past us should they discover what room in the palace it is hidden in.”

Sigyn nodded, understanding that this was nothing to tread on lightly. There was no doubt in the girl’s mind that they were after the object hidden in the vault, she could only hope that the two of them would be enough to stop or delay them till Thor or Odin could reach them. Her heart sputtered with each rumble or movement of the walls shifting. The yelling and clashing of swords would grow louder and then die away from time to time. It took everything in her not to let her hand that was on the hilt of her sword shake. Frigga merely paced around the room; she could see where Loki had gained at least one thing from his time with his mother.

And then, their enemy revealed himself.

Bursting into the room, Sigyn immediately recognized the monster before her. He had been in the dungeon the day before she had been released. Even then, she had felt strange around him or that he wasn’t, as he seemed. Only now did those thoughts prove true when he began to walk towards the back part of the chamber where the vault was concealed. Two Dark Elves flanked him with a single elf that walked just behind him as if he ran the place.