Chapter 12

A/N: You know, sometimes I'm surprised by how many people are still here after 11 chapters of this annoying book, but you're here and that's what matters right?!? This chapter features one of my favorite Midgardians! Can you guess who it is? We get a few cute things here and there, I thought I'd make it up to you guys after last chapter... and before things go downhill yet again in the following chapter. 

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you okay?” Theoric said half jogging down the hallway to meet her having heard the scream. Her face was a ghostly white, even for her porcelain skin. She collected herself before Theoric got too close.

“I’m fine, one of the prisoners was acting out.” She decided to leave out the part about Loki, there would be no doubt in her mind it would only anger the warrior again. He gazed at her for a moment as if he didn’t believe her. If he didn’t, he never acted upon it.

Extending his arm to guide her down the hallway, she allowed him to lead her back to her room.

“I have to attend to some matters on Midgard with Thor tonight, but I shall return tomorrow afternoon. Odin will not permit us to stay longer, not that I want to stay any longer.” His face looked down upon hers with a growing smile.

She couldn’t deny that her feelings for Theoric had grown in the past few days and it appeared as if he had as well. Standing before her door, her teeth nibbled on her bottom lip contemplating what to do.

“Theoric.” She sputtered out before he had a chance to dismiss himself.

“Yes my Lady?”

“Would you care… would you care to stay up with me for a while? I do not imagine I will be able to sleep tonight.” Her hand played with the hem of her sleeve, anxiously awaiting his answer.

“Of course Lady Sigyn.”

The two walked into her room, the fire already going and the balcony windows shut but the curtains open. Her blanket still lay by the fire from the other day, as she could now not bring herself to sleep in what used to be Loki’s bed. Her hands snagged a few of the pillows from the bed and she brought them to the blanket where Theoric was already removing some of his armor to be more comfortable.

Sigyn had never seen him in just a white tunic and black pants, but she much liked it. The glow of the fire seemed to lull her to sleep, but the books seemed to be calling to her and begging her to pick one of them up and read for a while.

Perusing the vast selection, she felt two arms slip around her waist, enveloping her into a hug. She couldn’t help but grin while he read over her shoulder, his chin resting on her back.

“Have you found one you like?” His voice tickled her ear.

“Yes, but- wait!” She shrieked slightly when her body came off the ground. Carrying her like a husband might his bride, he moved over the blanket where he had propped some of the pillows up against the chair. He set her down off to the left and closer to the fire while he sat to the right of her.