Chapter 11

A/N: Soooo I understand if any of you are mad or upset that I kept anything the same from the Dark World... as it was one of the only things I ended up keeping. I just felt that it was such a point in Loki's character development in MCU that I couldn't omit it. It gives him more detail and thoughts to draw from and... I'm sorry for the feels at the end of this chapter</3...The song to the right, while it is what most people will probably hate it, it does correlate to the story in a sense. By the way: I LOVE reading the feedback, even if I don't answer you all the time, I love it so thanks! As always, enjoy! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The young girl stood before the mirror in a black lacy dress. It was long and trailed to the floor, the lace covering arms in a sheer fabric, a small v-neck for her neckline. Her hair braided and several wisps hanging out from around her headband. Wings like the one’s on Thor’s helmet stuck out from under her blonde hair, her newest accessory that she was required to wear today.

The moments after Frigga’s death were a blur. She remembered Thor and his silent crying, Odin and his loud sobs as he cradled Frigga’s face and the bustle of escorting Sigyn out of the room into the chambers that she called hers. Her hands were still shaking when she went to shower; only then did a knock at her door from Véar jar her from her daze.

“The funeral will be just after dusk.” Véar had said before departing to her own chambers to dress.

Frigga had not been the only who had died, many of the other Asgardians had perished at the hand of other Dark Elves. Her blue eyes shimmered in the mirror in contrast to the dark fabric that covered her body. A knock at her door startled her, but then again just about everything was making her jump as her body still had tremors rocking through it. She thought watching the death of her family was the last time she would actually see it take place. 

“Theoric.” The door opened to reveal the Crimson Hawk warrior in his full outfit, his hair tangle free and his face clean-shaven. Everything about him took her breath away, but his face was heavy with grief. Many of his friends had perished, not just the Queen, which is why he had returned home. Thor had been the first to arrive home when Heimdall had called for him on the day of the attack regarding other matters, but Theoric and the rest of the company had stayed behind. It was hard to see him like this, his gold eyes in so much pain. Her hand touched his cheek and he leaned it into her palm without a word. 

“Are you ready to depart my Lady?” His words were soft as he held his hand out. Sigyn only nodded, looking back to the balcony that showed that the Asgardian sky was growing darker with each passing minute. It was as if the Realm it'self was grieving over the loss of life. How fragile they all were, even if Midgardians believed them to be gods. 

---

 The walk down the corridors to the sea where the boats lay was longer than one might expect. The whole of Asgard seemed to be gathered on the shoreline to say their farewells. Thor, the warriors three and Sif stood near Odin along with Véar and Eir. Her eyes watered, seeing each of them stoop down to kiss Frigga’s head in a mournful goodbye.

Theoric held her hand as they neared the vessel themselves, each of them kissing her forehead as a goodbye. Sigyn held back her sobs, her lower lip trembling while she clung to Theoric for support. It was not supposed to end this way, not with the death of the Queen and countless others.