An Awkward Situation

No Ones POV

~~With Kai and Skylor ~~

"Ok, here's the plan to set up camp, Cole and Seliel, set up food-" Lloyd started but was interrupted by Jay.

"DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT LET COLE COOK!" Jay shouted pointing at Cole.

"Why?" Asked Skylor

"Last time I ate his food, I was sick for a week, and the time before that, I couldn't talk for a two weeks" Jay said shivering at the memory.

"Okay fine, Me, Trini, Jay and Nya will prepare the food, while Kai and Skylor go get fire wood, Cole and Seliel, set up the sleeping area and Zane and Pixal, can you plan the walking route for tomorrow" Lloyd said talking a seat next to Trini.

Everyone nodded in agreement and split up to fulfil there tasks.

Kai and Skylor headed off into the woods. There was an silence between them and the only noise came from their feet as they continued further into the forest.

Kai felt like he should say something, try to get a conversation started up but he couldn't think of anything to say. He wanted to know all about her, but didn't know what to ask. Wait, am I falling for her? He asked himself.

Skylor, on the other hand, preferred it to be silent, even if it was awkward. She didn't want him to strike up a conversation that lead to her spilling all her personal secrets. She didn't want to fall for him either, but her heart was thinking otherwise. It aches in her chest, every time she thought of him.

"Sooooo.... Are you going to tell me why you were upset and crying in our hallway?" Kai asked. He mentally slapped himself for asking that.

"Oh.... it was um...." she thought for a moment "it was nothing"

She bent down and started to pick up branches and logs of wood.

"Something tells me your lying" He said leaning up against a tree and crossed his arms. He watched her closely.

"Well maybe you should ignore that thing" She said.

"What if it's my gut?"

"Well then ignore it!" She shouted at him. She didn't mean to shout it.

There was silence, once again, between them.

"Sorry...." He said after a few seconds of silence, "I'll be over there is you need me" He said and started to walk away.

Skylor bit her lip and watched him walk off. Why did she shout at him? All he was doing was checking to see if she was Okay. She felt terrible. Wait, I've never felt bad about shouting at a guy before, she thought to herself, am I falling for him?

Skylor stood up, slowly making her way over to Kai. She was giving herself the most possible time to try to convince herself that this was a bad idea. But every bone in her body said otherwise.

Kai heard her coming and turned to face her. He tried to hide a smile but it was no use, a slight smirk covered his face.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you" She said, trying not to smile as well, but also failing at it.

Kai walked up to Skylor and took her hands in his. He released one of her hands and used his free one to hook her chin and lift her face so she was looking into his eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" He said quietly. "I shouldn't have asked"

"You were only checking to see if I was okay" She said, giving him a small smile.

He started to bend down. Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! He going to kiss me! Skylor screamed in her head. Just play it cool.

They were centimetres apart until they heard a crunch underneath their feet. Both of them looked down long enough to see they were on a bunch of flimsy branches, which were covering the start of a hill.

"Uh oh.." Kai said before the branches gave way and sent them both tumbling down the slope. On the way down, their clothes were ripped by thorns and their faces scratched by brambles. One bramble even managed to break Skylors hair bobble. When they reached the bottom of the hill, they were in a very awkward position. With Skylor lying face up, and Kai on top of her, their faces were, once again, centimetres apart.

"Um.... hi?" Kai said awkwardly, as he stood up. He offered his hand to help Skylor up and she gladly took it. But, as if the god of awkward moments had it in for them, Kai tripped backwards. Unfortunately, he was still holding Skylor's hand and pulled her down with him. This time she was on top of him.

"Could this get any worse?" Kai grumbled.

Skylor removed herself from on top of him and stood up, Kai followed.

With the romantic moment well and truly over, they climbed back up the hill. The air around them felt awkward and they refused to look at each other.

Thanks to their little tumble, they were now on the opposite side of the camp and had to enter it through a bush. The two pushed through and was immediately surprised when Seliel, Cole, Zane and Pixal were standing their with frightened looks and ready positions. Their face expressions changed when they saw the condition they were in.

"What have you two been doing in the bushes?" Jay said, coming over to the group, followed by Lloyd, Trini and Nya.

Kai and Skylor looked down and saw ripped clothes, scratch marks, and twigs in their hair, plus their guilty looks all kinda lead up to the wrong conclusion.

"Nothing!" They both shouted really quickly, still refusing to look at each other.

"Well, where's the fire wood?" Lloyd asked, putting his hands on his hips and smirking at them.

"Ummm, we couldn't find any wood?" Kai said, more like a question than a statement.

"Were in a forest, were surrounded by trees, which some people would call wood" Cole said raising an eyebrow at Kai.

"You know what? I'm actually really tired, I'm gonna go get some sleep, 'night guys!" Skylor said and headed over to her sleeping bag.

"Yeah me to, see ya in the morning" Kai said, going over to his sleeping bag.

"You don't think they thought-"

"No, no, no.......I hope" Kai shivered.

Okay, so this was a short chapter but it's only because I couldn't put it in the last one because it would have been over 3000 words.

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed!!

Thanks for reading!!! 💗💖💗💖