Chapter 28: A Possessed Rogue

Start from the beginning

"I used to question my own motives for fighting before I met Lucy, but now I understand why I fight, for Sabertooth where my family is." He finished, smiling slightly as he goes through all of the fun times he had gone through with the guild in his mind, before he heard a sinister chuckle around him.

"Oh just annihilate Gajeel already." The voice said, making Rogue look down surprisingly to find the voice coming from his own shadow.

"W-wha?!" Rogue exclaimed, his eyes wide as he stared as red glowing eyes from his 'Shadow'.

"I have to do everything myself... What a drag." The 'Shadow' sighed, seeping into Rogue's figure as he gave out a painful scream, clutching his head tightly as his eyes were closed shut.

"Hey! What's wrong with ya' kid?!" Gajeel yelled, looking at Rogue with both confusion and shock, being thrownback by the immense sudden wave of Shadow Dragon Slayer magic bursting out from his body, the crowd going wild at the sudden show that they could witness.

He didn't receive a reply from Rogue, as the latter then stood, black marks and tracings tattering his arms as a dark aura seeped out from his figure. His head then looked up, revealing the same black marks crawling up his neck to the sides of his head, a smirk on his lips as he looked at Gajeel evilly.

"My power is now Rogue's as well." The 'Shadow' Rogue said, lifting his hand up to create a ball of shadows on it, Gajeel looking at him in anger and confusion.

"Just who the hell are ya'?!" He yelled, earning a chuckle as a reply from the possessed Rogue.

"I am the Shadow that controls fate." 'Shadow' Rogue replied, suddenly rushing forward to hit the Iron Dragon Slayer.

"Iron Dragon's Sword!" The Iron Slayer countered, extending his arm out as it turn into a giant sword which shoots towards Rogue, but as it was about to impale him, he then dematerializes into the floor as a shadow, dodging the attack.

The shadow then slithers around up to the body of the Iron Dragon Slayer, making him yell as he tried to pry off the shadow from his body.

"Shadow Dragon's Waxwing Flash!" The Shadow chanted, as feather-like shadows circled around the Fairy Tail mage, sending him up in the air as he yelled in pain, the shadow then heading back to the ground as he materializes back with his arms stretched out, more of the feather-like shadows generated from his hands and moving towards the Iron Dragon Slayer.

As the battle raged on, three certain exceeds from the balcony of a guild were watching in shock.

"R-rogue....." The small frog cosplaying exceed cried, big drops of tears falling from his cheeks as he looked at the screen in front of him.

"Something isn't right! Rogue-san wouldn't just attack someone this brutally." The maroon furred exceed exclaimed, eyes wide as he saw the said person on the Lacrima Screens chanting spells, confusion and shock evident in his eyes and voice as he was concerned for his friend.

"That's not Rogue...." The white exceed murmured, eyes fixated on the giant screen as she studied the fighting going on, focusing on every move they made as she studied them, her violet eyes scanning over the other different screens as they held seriousness in them, making the other two look at her.

"W-what do you mean..... That's Rogue! R-right, Lector...?" The green exceed Frosch whimpered, eyes filled with confusion, hope and fear as he looked towards the maroon exceed for help.

"I.... I don't know Frosch. But, those marks on his forearms aren't his Dragon Force or Shadow Drive. See, Frosch?" Lector said, pointing towards the screen as both exceeds looks at the screen to inspect in the said marks on the Shadow Dragon Slayer's arms had.