Chapter 43 - Dinner at the Inlaws' (Eron)

Start from the beginning

More like, I refused to see him anymore.

I didn't want to say what I was thinking, that I was bedding their son to get ahold of their fortunes to use it to destroy my father the same way he tried with me and my mom.

Mrs. Sheng nodded her head. "That's quite understandable. There's weeks I don't see my husband while he's off at work," she said.

They laughed and started to mention something.

Aiden looked at me and smiled. "Thank you..." he mouthed. I grimanced.

I had a moment of doubt. I had a moment where I wanted to tell Aiden the truth...

"How come you're alright with Aiden marrying me? I mean, not to be rude...but most asian families wouldn't tolerate a gay son. I mean, isn't the whole point so Aiden can have an heir?" I blurted out.

Mr and Mrs. Sheng looked taken aback my question.

"Ah...well, yes, that is true. But I suppose we aren't as traditional as others might be. At least, we learned that having an open mind and an open heart lets for better things to enter your life than sticking to old ways that no longer work. We initially wanted Wen wen to marry ...the opposite gender, but we saw how it was hurting him...and, honestly, Wen wen's happiness is worth more than that," Mrs. Sheng said, holding Aiden's hand.

Aiden looked embarassed.

"Besides, there's adoption. No need to have him married to a girl if just for the sole reason of reproducing," Mr. Sheng said.

Mrs. Sheng laughed. "I remember how he used to hate those kinds of dinners, meeting potential candiates. I used to pull my hair out at the embarrassing things he would say to make himself look undesirable."

Aiden laughed as well. "Remember when I said that I liked to make sculptures using my own poo?"

Mrs. Sheng stopped laughing. "That one was just gross, Wen wen," she said, although she smiled.

I looked at Aiden and his family. He was lucky to have had such loving parents. "Aiden is lucky to have such understanding parents,' I said.

"Thank you, we understand you hadn't told your mother about Aiden either, until the incident?" Mr. Sheng asked.

Ah...I thought. My own family had only just figured out about my own real boyfriend till recently too.

"My mom, well, I guess I never gave her the chance to see if she would be accepting or not. As for my father, well, we never discussed my sexual orientation," I said truthfully. More like he had tried to beat the gay out of me.

"We went through countless dinner for potential arranged marriages. We even started to arrange Aiden with male heirs but that always ended badly because, what are the chances of another male heir also being gay? We were starting to run out of options. But then, Aiden told us that you, Eron Williams was his boyfriend! We felt so over joyed!' Mr. Sheng beamed.

I wanted to say, Tsui, Eron Tsui...but I knew better than to correct him at this time.

Besides, soon, my name might be Sheng.

"Dad, you don't gotta make it seem like I was a little shit. I did go out with that Ruan Ruan girl for a bit," Aiden said, defending himself.

"Please don't remind me. Her father refuses to talk to me. Apparently finding out her fiancé was gay left his daughter traumatized..." Mr. Sheng lamented.

"Bigot," Aiden muttered under his voice but he caught my stare and winked at me. Aiden probably had made the girl believe he had turned gay because of her. Cruel kid.

"But anyway, tell us about yourself, Eron," Mrs. Sheng asked. "We aren't pushing for this marriage too fast, are we?"

I was reminded Miguel's angry face. I felt sad and empty. I just wanted to fill in the void as soon as possible.

"No, not soon enough," I said.

"Can he come back to school with me then?" Aiden asked.

"I don't see why not," his father said.

'Uh...I dropped out, I doubt they will take me back," I laughed bitterly.

"Nonsense. I'll pull some strings. If you still have your uniform, you can start tomorrow," Mr. Sheng said.

I thought of Tesha. I didn't to see her face. But I looked at Aiden. I had new goals in mind now.

"Yes, sir. I can pick up Aiden before I go to school tomorrow then," I said, feeling more and more confident with my decision.

Maybe this was the new start that I needed.

Mr. and Mrs. Sheng looked delighted. "Lovely! If you want to drive one of the lambos, please feel free. Aiden can't drive until next year."

"...didn't I break them?.." I asked sheepish.

"Just the ones we left outside. You can pick some from the garage," Mr. Sheng said carelessly. I grinned inwardly. I was excited thinking of how I was going to crush my father with my new found wealth.

We continued to chat lightly and eat.

Once dinner was over, Aiden saw me to my car. We stood outside, and he took my hands in his.

"....I thought that all of this was going to unravel, but when I saw you trying so hard in front of my parents, I realized ....I don't deserve you," Aiden said quietly.

My hatred for the kid had started to disappear, after seeing his family treat me with such kindness. Maybe I had never given Aiden a chance.

"Listen. We started off poorly but ...maybe this is the start of something good," I said, although I felt my heart hurt a bit, a flash of Miguel's face in my mind's eye.

"Aren't you still with Miguel?" Aiden asked, seeing my pained expression.

"We broke up today, actually," I said darkly.

Aiden reached up and kissed me, wrapping his skinny arms around my neck.

"I couldn't be happier to hear that...." he whispered. "I'll work hard to make you forget him."

I couldn't help but think...This was all his fault. If it wasn't for him, I might still be with Miguel. I sighed and patted his back. I didn't want to let him know that I had only come to his house to fuck him to forget my own pain and I was only going along with his lie about me being his boyfriend for my own personal gain.

I wasn't a good person, after all. I didn't deserve someone good like Miguel. Miguel was right, I deserved to be with someone like Aiden.

And it just broke my heart.