Chapter 37 - Don't be like your father (Eron)

(The Previous Day)

I drove my car as fast as I could, without hitting anything or crashing into any posts.

My Maserati skidded to a stop by the kid's main gate, and I turned the car in furiously. It was still broken where my car ran it through. The front of my car was bent in but luckily I parked my car in a way my mom wouldn't see the front .

 I drove to the front of the house and opened the door to my car. 

I swung my bat over my shoulder and I brought it down hard on the front window of the Lambo. I continued to smash the windows of the other cars, before I finished and went to the windows of the house.  

 The first window smashed open and the house alarm went off. 

 "Brat! Are you there!" I screamed in the cold forest air.

 I continued to smash window to my heart's content, when I heard police sirens behind me.

 "Put the weapon down, and get on ground, or we will be forced to shoot," the police said into the mic.

 I was gasping lightly, but I threw the baseball bat away and got on the floor.

 The rest of it all was a blur. I was pushed into the back seat of the police car and I watched the brat's house fade into distance. 

 Before I knew it, I was sitting in a cell at the police station.

My mom and Matt came rushing.

"Eron, what have you done?" My mother was in tears. "Have you finally lost you mind?" my mom cried.

Matt looked alarm. Matt held her back because she looked like she wanted to murder me.

 "That boy was threatening Miguel! He came to school and beat up Miguel, I couldn't just stand by and do nothing!" I yelled.

My mom looked like she was going to faint. 

"I'm glad you care about your friend but his issues are not yours to solve! Let him figure it out by himself, you have your own future to think about!" my mom cried.

 "How can you say that? Miguel is my boyfriend and his issues are all my fault! Those people who hurt him did it because I used to allow it! I used to bully Miguel and I refuse to allow it to continue!" I yelled. Tears were streaming down my face.

The police officer told me to keep it down.

My mother looked like I had just declared I was going to strap bombs to myself and blow up Dundas Square. Her eyes were wide and she looked like she wasn't sure if she just heard what she heard.

 "Did I hear you correctly, Eron? Please do not play with me right now," My mom said, her voice low and threatening.

"What? Yeah, that's right! Your perfect son using to be a bully. I hurt others because I hated to accept who I was! That's right, your son is a damn faggot! Are you happy?" I was breathing heavily.

I knew it wasn't fair to take it out on my mom, I knew she had always protected me from my father. If anyone, it was his fault. But I just couldn't stop spirling out of control.

"Eron, I never judged you. If you love a boy, I still love you the same. But you can't go around hurting others. Do not be like your father..." My mother broke down and started to cry.

Matt held her arms. That just broke my heart. Maybe I was just like my father all along...

My mother left and Matt gave me a sad look but my mom needed him more than I needed my mom. I just wanted to be alone.

 They left and I sat in my cell. Hours later, my grandparents came to my cell. I had calmed down by then.

 "Eron, your mother called us. Listen, you are better than all this small teenager angst. I need you to be a man and take responsibility. We are will try to sort this out as best we can. Unluckily or luckily for us, that boy's father used to be friends with your father..." My grandfather was saying.

I zoned out. This political talk had me so sick.

 "Grandpa, please leave. I don't want to hear it," I sighed.

 "Oh, you'll hear it! You got yourself into this mess and I'll be damned if I have to listen to your attitude!" My grandpa roared.

 "Dear, please, we are in a police station..." My grandmother tried to smooth my grandfather's anger.

 I sunk back onto the cold cell. I just wanted to fall into a hole and disappear. I had caused my family problems and all because I had lost my cool. I had no idea how I was going to get out of this problem.