Chapter 6 - Not alone anymore (Miguel)

I changed into the white uniform. I stood in the studio among the other students.

Robert stood at the end of the studio, stretching. Robert was broad shouldered, and sturdy. He wasn't as tall as me, but he was long legged, so he always looked really tall in photos.

He was good at mixed martial arts. He was strong, and solid. He wasn't fast but he was accurate. He could punch out or kick the sh*t out of any opponent with ease. I admired him.

 Eron was chatting with the instructor. The instructor kept laughing and nodding at whatever ridiculous things Eron was spouting.

I gritted my teeth. Eron was like a chronic disease I couldn't get rid of.

I sighed and walked over to Robert.

 "I don't like him," Robert said under his breath. I nodded my head.

 Robert stretched and glared at Eron through the mirror. 

"He's such a f**ing kissup."

I broke into a smile that I had in a long time since Eron transferred to our school.

"Yeah, I know, I think so too," I laughed back, under my breath.

 "...And honestly, I find it creepy that he follows you around," Robert said after a thought. I grimaced. Robert didn't know the half of it.

 Robert looked at me, expecting me to be surprised by that comment, but he looked more concerned when I only looked more upset.

 "There's something you're not telling me," Robert said. "I won't push it. But I just want you to know, you aren't alone anymore," Robert said.

 My head shot up and I felt moved. How could Robert always know how to say the right things?...

I was about to reply when the instructor said to get in formation, class was starting.

If we were sparring, I was gonna use the opportunity to kick Eron's a**.