Chapter 13 - The boy I loved disappeared (Eron)

I went to school, the next day and noticed that Miguel wasn't in his seat. His seat was empty.

I understood why he hadn't come to class. I figured he needed some time alone and then he would return.

But he never returned. A week passed, and I kept waiting. I started to wonder if something had happened.

My friends got restless, having no one to pick on.

"Where is that loser? He's been gone for a week. Doesn't his mother feel ashamed letting her son be a lazy ass?" Bryce asked, laughing smugly.

 "Bryce, shut up," I said, annoyed.

"What?..." Bryce asked, hurt.

"Eron, are you alright? You've been moody this whole week..." Tesha said.

 I got up abruptly from my seat. I didn't want to sit here with people who made my skin crawl.

 I decided to figure out what happened and went down to the student office.

 "Where is Miguel Lopez?" I demanded to the secretary.

 The secretary looked at me, and cast me a really dirty look.

 "Normally, I would tell a student to mind his own business and go back to class, but I thought you should know, that poor boy's mother came into the office to speak with the principle, in complete tears."

 My face paled. Did something terrible happen to Miguel?

"D-did something happen?" My voice croaked.

The secretary looked disturbed and a bit angry.

"It's not my place to say, but I could hear her crying that you and your friends had been bullying that poor sweet boy for a year. I think it'd be best if you went back to class." she said coldly.

 "I need to know where he is," I insisted.

"Leave that boy alone. Haven't you done enough damage?" 

 I stared at her numbly.

 "...he isn't coming back?" I asked.

 She shook her head with digust. 

"No, he requested to transfers schools. The principle said we should suspend you, but the mother asked that we not say anything to you."

"Tell me what school he went too!" I demanded.

 "Eron, get to class, before I call the principle!' The secretary stood up from her desk.

 She was not a tall women but her demeanor was fierce.

I backed down. I knew I wasn't going to get that information. 

I felt devastated to know that he had left the school. I would never see him again.

I walked through the halls numbly. 

My mind was racing. I thought, I was going to find out where he went. I didn't want to be in this place if he wasn't here.

"Eron? Where'd you go so suddenly?" I heard Tesha's voice. I lifted my head and looked at Tesha. This was her fault. She started this.

 "None of your damn business. God, you are so annoying," I snapped at her. She looked like I had slapped her. She winced.

"I-I didn't mean to pry, I - I was just worried..." She trailed weakly.

 "You know what? I've always hated you," I hissed. Her eyes widen. She knew I wasn't just talking shit. My tone dripped with venom.

 "Did I do something wrong?" She whispered. Her were brimming with tears.

"Because of you and everyone else, someone I liked for a long time, now left," I confessed.

 The words escaped my mouth before I could stop them. I mentally kicked myself but I was so angry and upset, I couldn't control myself.

Tesha's face looked even more confused.

 "I don't understand who you are talking about..." she said dumbly.

I stared down at her.

 Idiot, I thought. I walked past her, shoving her shoulder with mine. She was very small and petite, and my hard shove knocked her over. I heard her fall back and she started to cry. I didn't turn to look back at her.

I kept walking.

I kept walking through the hallways, until I reached the back doors of the school. I exited and kept walking. I walked through the field and to the main road. I kept walking and I never turned to my old school.