Prologue

I let a small giggle slip from my mouth, looking around at the other people in the darkened room. Maria nudged me, signaling me to shut up. Luke's gonna love it! The surprise party! I know he would love it, I just knew it. The door slightly pushed open, and the lights flicked on.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted, but it immediately died out, as we saw what was happening. The strong and confident smile I held on my face the whole time planning this stupid party dropped. I thought he would have loved this party, I mean I know he would have if he hadn't been busy sucking faces with another girl. A girl I've never seen before in my life. I was embarrassed, angry, but most of all, hurt.

Lucas looked around the room, surprised and confused, searching faces until he stopped on me. Tears welled up in my eyes, whats going on? I looked away, clutching the ends of my white dress to keep myself in line. To keep myself from collapsing to the floor in confusion, and shock. He cheated on me. Luke's a cheater! A dirty little cheater!

Maria gave me a worried glance, and wrapped an arm around me. Everyone was looking at me, not knowing what to do, wanting an answer as to whats going on. As if I know what the hell hes doing putting his lips anywhere but on mine. I thought to myself, Guess he wasn't mine as much as I thought he was. The guy I belonged to, the guy I love, didn't get the memo that it was wrong to kiss another girl while being in a relationship. Great.

The room was awkwardly quiet another moment, before it erupted into chatter, everyone trying to keep the mood positive. Maria spoke to me, though I could hardly hear her over the loud buzzing of denial in my head. I looked up to meet my best friend's eyes, "S-sorry... What?" She gives me a sympathetic expression.

"I asked if you wanted to go talk to him, or just leave." Maria spoke again, I didn't know what I wanted. Did I want to talk to him? I shook my head.

"Lets just leave, I mean you can stay if you want. I'm just gonna go, its seems he probably already has a girl to hang on him all night." I spoke quietly, running a hand through my blonde-brown hair. I say blonde-brown because its not really dirty blonde, if you get what I'm saying. Its more on the brunette side, rather than the blonde, but there's still quite some blonde in it.

"babe, you know I wouldn't leave you alone when something like this happens. Lets go, you can talk to... him later." She replies, hugging me sideways. Her arm keeps me connected to the side of her. "Okay, here's the keys, go outside, ill be out in a minute. I have to tell Jacob I'm leaving." She puts the cold keys in my hand, before giving my shoulder a squeeze. Then she walks away, somewhere to find her long lost boyfriend. Jake and Maria have been an item for 3 years, and their still going strong: Jake hardly ever gives another girl a second glance.

I slowly walk out of the house, only able to reach the door before someone pulls me backward, and wraps their arms around my small fragile torso, keeping me pressed to their chest. Luke. I try to pull back, but I'm too weak to hardly make a resistance.

"I'm sorry, please don't leave. I need you...Please I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He pleads into my brunette hair. I try to again push him away, but it felt so much like home.... so safe. But it really wasn't, because this was the guy who had taken my heart, and purposely dropped it, leaving it scattered on the ground without a care.

"Luke...." I whisper, trying to keep my voice from becoming strained, " no. We're done. You've done this before, but this was your last chance. Just leave me alone, I'll be fine by myself. Thanks for the embarrassment. And pain." I say, my voice barely above a whisper, and I finally pull free from his grasp, silently crying. I took the chance to exam his face, and look into his eyes. They were filled sadness, and regret. yeah, I thought, regret of getting caught.