Cockblock

Let's move past our chapter title shall we? :X

Mentions of lemon but nothing too explicit so...yeah. Gotta keep y'all children clean. ;)

Enjoy!

Hanzo wrapped his arms as he deemed it necessary around Jesse's thick neck as the pirate in turn supported his weight with one hand on the small of his back and the other under the bend of his blue tail.

For what could possibly be the last time, Jesse's eyes skated over the scaly periphery of his beloved's blue tail, watched how the pale moonbeams shone hypnotically upon its iridescent surface. Then, his gaze went up and he realized how he never noticed the fairness of Hanzo's skin before, how pure ivory it appeared under the moonlight. Immediately and thoughtlessly, McCree moved his hand up from the small of Hanzo's back just so he could caress it, the dreadful prospect of them parting ways making him sick to the stomach.

He hated how he never discerned these things. Hanzo was right, McCree did take him for granted.

With each step heading further towards the ship's borders, Jesse felt the pull of hesitance growing stronger, trying to bring him back to the cabin and put Hanzo back in his confinement. And to his most pleasant surprise, he found the same emotion shining in Hanzo's eyes too.

Catching wind of McCree's stare, the merman snapped his face to the sea to make it clear to the pirate that whatever uncertainty he had was to be disregarded, that his decision was set on stone.

The stillness around them thickened; no words were exchanged between the two estranged hearts and truth be told, Hanzo found the usually effervescent Jesse's silence to be quite unsettling, if not unnerving. The siren wondered how he'll be able to fare with the atmosphere weighing down upon him as he dangled helplessly between his captor's arms, but lucky for him, they've reached the border, and in an instant, Jesse set the merman down to sit on the red wooden baluster.

"Well, here ya go, Han--the ocean. I'm not really good with y'know, good byes, so ya might as well skiddadle before I change my mind, sweetheart; I might never let ya go if ya stay any longer." Jesse's words were laced with a childish whim followed by an all too familiar low chuckle that gave off an air of acceptance, happiness even. The sound tugged at Hanzo's heart, and it showed on the sharp features of his face. "I'm...I'm gonna go back to my room. Ya take care of yourself now, won't be there to look out for ya. Okay, bye."

Gosh his farewell game was weak.

Hanzo parted his lips to say something in return, but McCree had already turned his back on him and walked away.

Three feet away from the cabin door, McCree stopped in his tracks and let his shoulders sag forward as the burden of a nonchalant facade became almost too unbearable.

He doubt that going back in the cluttered quarters and seeing the glass container of whom he had just lost for long periods of time would be good for the aching pang bleeding inside his chest. So with a groan, he fished out an old roll of tobacco from his shirt pocket along with an old, rusty silver lighter, and the determination to move on coursed through his thick veins.

Three clicks in the air, and one end of the tobacco was glowing from the lighter's fire, the other encased between his dry lips. Smoke flew out in wispy threads of grey, and more came out of McCree's parted mouth. He was going to need more than one roll if he wanted to survive the night, so he sucked as much of the essence as he can, an idle suggestion of liquor not too far behind in the corners of his mind.

Jesse scanned the area for any sign, anything at all that would make him remember where the hell he placed the beer compartments. He wasn't thinking straight, not that he really could. Losing Hanzo was a first in his life and it was proving itself to be a pain in the ass the longer he had to deal with it.