[ Merciful Empress ]

Episode 4; Hole in the sky.

[Luna's POV]

At the beginning of the day, I thought we'd be having a peaceful day as we cross the universe once more, but that thought died once the bridge was lit up with red blared of light as the alarm sounded off.

" Uhhh... What's happening? Why is there an alarm even if were not being attacked..? " Hunk asked, worriedly as he looked everywhere for something that can somehow trigger the alarms.

" Hey... Coran? Allura? Are you guys okay? You guys look like you saw a ghost.. " Lance asked curiously as he saw the faces of both Allura and Coran in utter shock.

" It's because we just did... It's an altean distress signal.. " Coran said, typing immediately in the dashboard as if Lance's call just woke him out of a daze.

" It can't be.. Are we not the last alteans alive? " Allura asked, shocked and awestruck from what she's seeing.

" Allura, I don't want to reject your idea but, maybe someone is cloning the signal from elsewhere, there's a possibility that this might be a trap.. " I reasoned half heartedly, not wanting to drown their hopes that there might be other survivors.

When she didn't even talk for a moment, I crossed my arms in discomfort, hoping that I didn't offend her in any way.

" I agree with Luna, we shouldn't go straight to it yet.. " Keith supported my idea as he rested a hand on my shoulder, facing my and Allura's direction.

" We're still going there in any circumstances.. " Allura decided, piloting the castle to the place where we were detecting the distress signal.

But yet again the pit in my stomach goes upside down as if dictating my instinct that this isn't right.
But before I can share my opinion about this, my jaw dropped at the majestic sight I layed my eyes upon.

" It's an Altean Deep space shuttle..! " I exclaimed in shock and awe, I only saw these ships on books back then in the royal library, and now I can't believe I'm seeing one in person.

" That's a Tel-Galax Exploration shuttle, one of my father's deep space vessels..! " Allura explained with excitement in her voice.

" It seems that the ship belongs to Commodore Traylings, there are no records of the destination or mission" Coran reported, curiously and confused.

" It seems to be stuck in a vortex... We shouldn't get closer than we already are.. " I suggested, looking worried.

" No, We can't, We have to check if there is someone inside of there, as it is our duty" Allura said, countering my idea.

" We can send a probe near it to check, so you two don't have to end up in a fight.. " Pidge said, sweatdroppingly.

" Fine... Get on it... " Allura sighed as she avoided eye contact.

God, A fight among Alteans and Neogetians once again.. To the remaining I should say...

" What the--?! What happened to the probe..? " Hunk shocked from what happened to the probe.

" It just got... Pulverized... " Keith let out, surprised.

" Then we should use Voltron, It out-strengths any matter in this universe so it can take the force that vortex can give.. " Allura suggested eagerly,

" But Allura what if--" I was about to suggesting another thing without risking Voltron but she kinda cutted off eagerly again,

" If you guys don't agree then I'll do it myself if I have to..! " Allura said, about to leave the room eagerly. But before she can get away from the room, I ran after her and managed to catch her arm.