Being best friends with the opposite gender has to be the most enticing and entertaining thing there ever was. It's like you basically have a little brother and dad within one person. Where Kane and I went wrong was involving ourselves with one another. It was hard laying down with a man I wanted so desperately to be with and them feeling the same way without a doubt but, the title of being best friends always got in the way. Kane had forever engraved himself on my heart without warning and for the life of me I couldn't fill the name with anything else. As a best friend he was without a doubt an amazing person but as my man, Kane lacked the stamina, willpower and commitment to be with an independent woman like me. I huff, reaching for my phone and seeing new messages coming in.

Rayne Diamond | Club tonight? I'm just trying to have a good time.

You ask the wrong shit at the wrong time. It is too late to be going clubbing boo.

Rayne Diamond | Girl just be ready when I pull up cause your going regardless babes. Club's really don't start popping off until about 1:00. That's when all the ballers start showing out 🎲💰.

I really don't wanna go...

Rayne Diamond | Just get up and be ready to have some fun by 12:25am . I mean it Danielle.

I groan in protest to the text messages. I really didn't feel like going out tonight. Wanting to end off a perfect sunny day with reading a wide variety of books and a good snack is all I wanted to do. I didn't feel like being around sweaty bodies, grown men who can't keep a job worth nothing, and hating women. I'd rather stay inside the comfort of my own home and my own space. It suited me much better. Putting my phone down and throwing my head back, I lifted my body lazily. Slowly, I walked like a spoiled child not getting their way, my head hanging low as I swing my arms back and forth. Climbing the stairs to an upper open spaced level, I walk into my loft like bedroom. Immediately I am surrounded by a beautiful night city view through the floor to ceiling windows in the farthest wall. Baby blues, whites and grays of the room please my eyes, making me feel comforted and in the clouds.

I make my way over to the elegant white walk-in closet, browsing over the many outfits, dresses, and casual wear I was stocked up on. I had decided on having the closet organized by a professional but quickly retreated from the idea when I seen the prices of just one agent. So, I opted to do it myself and if I did say so, I killed it. Running my hands over the material of each item as I walked through, I come across a black halter long sleeved crop top that fell down at the left shoulder. I mentally fought with myself about the short shirt before deciding that I would wear it tonight. Next, my eyes skim for a bottom piece that complimented the dark color. Seeing my skirts, I choose a blood red one, the crushed velvet feeling soft in my hands. I smile, satisfied. Lastly, I spot my heels and boots across the room on the other side of a center white island I had installed. I decided that I didn't want my feet to hurt in high skinny heels so, I chose a more classy thigh high chunky heeled black boot.

Satisfied with the look finally, my feet trail themselves to the large king sized bed in the center of my room that had white sheets, a fluffy dark grey comforter on top . The blue decorative pillows looked aesthetically pleasing next to the monotone color. I lay each clothing item across it then next take off to my personal items dresser, pulling out a matching lace dark green set of panties and bra. Laying those items down as well next to the outfit, I enter my black and marble themed master bathroom. I finally begin preparing for a hot shower and whatever tonight's festivities held.

"Alexa, play Every Kind of Way." I say over the water at the speaker in front of me. I watch the blue ring pop up around the black circle indicating that she had heard me.