{Chapter 39}

=======================

I walk behind Victor and Yuuri as we're on the way to the rink. Silently, I watch as both of them don't share a word between them.

I sigh sadly and look to the left, noticing cameras at the ready. Before I can say anything, they step up as Victor passes by.

"Hi Victor!" I hear the reporter says in french.

The Russian stops and smiles, waving, "Hi, Stéphan. It's been a while." He says.

I stop a few feet waiting and watching as Yuuri walks ahead.

"People of Japan, please continue to cheer for Yuuri today." I smile softly at his statement before following after the male.

"The Men's Singles Free State is about to start. First on the ice is Jean-Jacques Leroy of Canada."

I find myself heading towards a tv, making sure I don't lose the Japanese skater and his coach.

As JJ's performances goes on, I find my eyes glued to the screen.

"He's taking it back..." I mumble to myself, watching as he does a quadruple-loop out of step.

Glancing back at Yuuri, he looks up after finishing tying his skate up.

We catch gaze and he smiles, having a sort of sparkle in his eyes.

I pause before smiling back, a little sad.

'Why is he throwing away so much?' I wonder sadly, looking back at the tv.

The Canadian sat waiting for his score suddenly does his signature move as he gets 300.62 as a finally score.

I see Phichit skate on the ice and take his place. 'Ganba.' I think as he starts.

(Good luck.)

"Mizore!" A familiar voice calls out to me. I look over, noticing both Victor and Yuuri standing towards the exit.

I gasp softly and hurry over, not sparing another glance to the screen, "G - gomen." I stutter as I get to them.

(S - sorry.)

Yuuri shakes his head as Victor gives me a smile in reassurance.

We head to the hallway.

After Yuuri stretches, he steps up to Victor. I sense a sudden emotion as they look at each other before the Japanese starts walking.

The tall Russian takes a glance back to me and holds out his hand.

I chuckle and take it, following the skater in hand with Victor.

A couple people glance back when we appear from the purple curtains, quickly noticing Yuuri and Victor.

======================

I stare out onto the ice, already feeling the cold temperatures rising from it.

"Don't worry. You can win gold, Yuuri," The Russian says as he places his hand on, "Believe in yourself."

"Ne, Victor... You said before that you want to stay true to yourself, right?"

(Hey,)

"Don't suddenly start trying to sound like a coach now."

Victor's blue eyes widened and the skater grips his hand back. "I want to smile for my last time on ice."

My eyes turn watery as reality hits me again, 'Last time on ice...'

"Yuuri, listen to me. I debated on whether I should tell you this now, but.."

I glance to the two, seeing the Russian leaned closer to Yuuri.