{Chapter 22}

"Crap, crap, crap. This place is an actual maze." I mutter to myself as I turn another corner.

I decided to call back home to check in, but it took longer than expecting. Now i need to find Victor and Yuuri.

From what i've seen from the tvs, Guang - Hong is on right now.

"Victor!" I exclaim as I see the familiar silver hair. He looks away from Yuuri and I walk over quickly.

"What took you so long?" He asks. "Well the phone call was longer than I thought. And I got lost..." I answer.

Victor chuckles and I look over at Yuuri whose jogging in the hall.

"Victor, is he all right?" Chris asks as he walks over. "I was going to ask the same thing." I say, watching Yuuri a bit worried.

"Shh! I've never seen Yuuri like this." Victor says to the both of us.

================

As Yuuri's turn draws near, he finally gets on the ice.

"The time to seduce people by picturing pork cutlet bowls and women during your skate is over. You can fight with your own personal charm. You can envision it just fine, can't you?" Victor says.

I cover Yuuri's hand with my own and give it a tight squeeze, "Don't worry; we'll watch you and every move."

He gives up and swift nod before bring me into a hug. "Oh!" I gasp in surprise.

He lets go and skate off. I look over at Victor to see him watching Yuuri. "That was... different." I say.

"Yes..."

As the music starts everyone watches in awe. I smile and think, 'This is something new.'

"Will he hold up until the end?" I whisper to Victor.

To win, Yuuri decided to have all the jumps in the second half. "Don't worry." He answers back.

I nod as he gets to his first jump. 'Spread eagle into a triple axel.' I think as Yuuri lands the jump.

I gasp and cheer as Yuuri lands his quadruple salchow. Victor's hand suddenly grabs mine making me jump.

"Gomen." He whispers without looking away at Yuuri's performance. As the Japanese skater lands his jump combination.

(Sorry.)

I sigh in relief as I realize he had landed all his jump. And they've been perfect.

As he finishes, Victor lifts both of his arms up with a loud cheer. Meaning that he also brought my arm up with him.

I whistle and Chris steps up beside me. "That was perfect. Yuuri!" Victor exclaims, hold out his arms.

"The kiss and cry that way." Chris says and points. I chuckle and before I know it, i'm being dragged along with Victor.

As we get to the score reviewing booth, Victor gets me to sit next to Yuuri and him on the other side.

As the cameraman starts crowding around and sling my arms around Yuuri, "That was amazing!"

He gives me a soft smile and I chuckle as I see Victor making a heart.

I let go of Yuuri and Victor glances over with a smile, "Yuuri, did it feel that great?"

Without looking at his coach, "Well, I was hoping everyone else felt great watching me."

"Aw...! Yuuri!" I exclaim. "And we have his short program score: 106.84!

I grin and start clapping; noticing Yuuri leaning forward. "You're in first place!" I cheer.

Victor lurches forward and hugs Yuuri, "Of course they'd feel great watching a performance like that." I hear him say.

I smile and lean back, placing my hands behind my back.

As Yuuri gets into an interview, Victor pulls me to the side. "I'm feeling a bit nervous now. I'll have to get a high score now."

Victor chuckles and pushes a few strands of loose hair behind my ear. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yes." I answer, glancing over to the rink to see Georgi taking the ice. "You don't seem too nervous."

"Too nervous? I might be having a nervous breakdown and you might not notice." I joke.

Victor sends a disapproving look, "Well are you?" He asks. "Not at the moment."

"You'll do perfect." Victor says with a smile. I give him a grin as I notice Yuuri walking over.

==========

"Is it Chris' turn?" I ask as I walk over to the tv where Yuuri, Phichit, and Guang - Hong are crowded around.

"Just about to go on!" Phichit exclaims. I grin as Chris hugs his coach before skating off.

"I'm glad he's the last to skate." I say before his song starts. "Why's that?" Yuuri asks.

"The ice will be soaking wet at the end of this."

The three skater's faces turn red and I chuckle.

As we watch in silence, I suddenly feel some hug me from behind. I stiffen up a bit but notice quite quickly that it's Victor.

"He said he wasn't finding motivation, but Chris never goes into a major slump." Victor says.

"He's always been a slow starter, he usually doesn't try to peak in the first event." I say, leaning back into Viktor a little.

"Today he's going all out." I hear Victor mumble. I chuckle, 'He feels threatened by Yuuri's innocence.'

As the performance goes on, I notice a change in Chris' face. I cringe, "Everytime." I mutter.

"The ice does look soaking wet." Phichit says.

As his score show up, he's placed in 5th. I gasp and start shaking Yuuri, "That means...!"

"I'm in first..."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Hi, everyone. Sorry the the day late update again! But, I have been busy doing things and whatever. But here's the chapter and I hope you liked it! If there are any mistakes, it's alright to point it out, it really does help.

Anyways, voting and commenting does really help but of course, it isn't a demand.

Thank you! 

- Author-chan