Bad Boy-Gerard Way

Gerard has never been one to look up to.

You knew that your freshman year and you knew that when the black haired boy showed up at your locker sophomore year.

"Hey uh...do you mind helping me study for the test?"

You and Gerard are in the same chemistry class, despite him being a junior. You don't really know why he's in a sophomore class, but you decided not to ask.

"Yeah, I'll help you."

You and Gerard studied for about an hour until he suggested that the two of you head home. He offered to drive you and you gladly accepted, not thrilled about the idea of walking home in the rain.

You would love to say that the car ride was full of laughs and smiles and jokes and that you put your hand over his on accident and you just knew that-

It was actually extremely awkward.

You looked out the window, trying to think of a conversation starter. What are you supposed to say to the most terrifying kid in the school?

"Where's your house?"

You're really glad that Gerard spoke up before you could utter out something stupid like "how about that game last night?" followed by an awkward conversation about a game that you didn't watch.

"Just around the corner," you told him, pointing in the right direction. He drove through your neighborhood and you couldn't help but glance at him, his eyes slightly narrowed as he concentrated on driving to the right house and his lips pursed as he looks around.

"Which one is it?"

"That one up there."

That day was your first real interaction with Gerard Way.

The next few weeks, the same thing happened almost every day and you found yourself looking forward to helping Gerard with his homework and Gerard looked forward to driving you home afterwards.

Then, two weeks into the pattern, Gerard showed up at your doorstep on a Saturday afternoon with a rose in his hand and a nervous smile on his face.

"Hi," he had said, his cheeks growing red.

Never in your life would you have though you would see Gerard Way blush, but miracles do happen.

"I, um...I have a rose for you," he said, holding his hand out. "I wasn't really sure how many to get so I went with one. I've never...I've never done anything like this before."

Then he asked you out and you responded by nodding, a grin on your face despite your red cheeks.

He took you out to a bar for your first date and when you got there, he held out a fake ID for you to use. He assured you that you wouldn't be drinking and after a little convincing and a lot of complimenting, you agreed to go in the bar with him.

It was actually a nice place, small with few people scattered around. Gerard found the two of you a small table and pulled your chair out for you, throwing you a cheeky wink as he sat down.

You talked and talked and to this day you don't know how much time passed before someone announced that it was karaoke night.

You were excited to see people go up and sing, but the last thing you expected was to see Gerard stand up and grab the mic, looking at the DJ, who nodded at him with a small smile.

Then he sang 'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey and you were pleasantly surprised because, damn, the kid can sing.

He walked back to your table with a confident smile on his face and you kept clapping until he sat down.

"Not bad, Way, not bad."

The first time you saw the side of Gerard that everyone always warned you about was about a month after you and Gerard started dating. The two of you were walking through school when someone told you that a kid named Danny, who had been asking you out since your freshman year, had been spreading rumors that you cheated on Gerard with him.

After explaining to a slightly angry Gerard that the accusations were false (he believed you), he went against your better judgement and went to find Danny.

It was bad.

At first, Gerard just yelled at Danny, then he raised his fist and you knew you couldn't let it get any farther. After Gerard got one punch in (you figured one wouldn't hurt), you grabbed his arm and had Frank hold him back while you (calmly) walked over to Danny and stood in front of him.

Then you punched him in the cheek with a smug smile on your face.

"Don't spread rumors about me, dickhead," you remember saying something along those lines.

You had walked over to Gerard and he had just grinned at you, pulling you in for a kiss.

"You're such a badass."

The first time you thought you might actually have to break up with Gerard was when he met your parents. They hated him.

They didn't really give you a chance to explain that he was a good guy because they were pretty involved in your school and were friends with a lot of the parents, so they had inevitably heard about Gerard and his reputation.
You were told to break up with him, so you did. At least, you told them you did.

Now you and Gerard would just have to be a bit more careful.

Everything was fine. You snuck out every now and then, but you never broke any major rules.

You came very close to saying something about Gerard in front of your parents a few times, but you always managed to keep it quiet.

Then there was the issue of other girls trying to "get you out of the way" so they could date Gerard.

That actually wasn't a huge problem.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah, Gee?"

"I love you."

The first time Gerard told you he loved you was about six months after you two started dating and you almost burst when he said it.

Your breath hitched and you stared at him, opening your mouth to respond.

"You don't have to say it back if you're not ready-"

"I love you too."

He stared at you with wide eyes and a growing smile.

"I love you, Gerard Way."