Epilogue

*PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END*

Present

August 25, 2013

2:00p.m.

The heat in Miami was something Corrine hadn't prepared herself for.  It'd been a month since she arrived and she still couldn't see how people could walk around like it wasn't as hot as Satan's asscrack.  She fanned herself as she walked up to the property Bleu sent her to.  "Thanks for making sure I got home, Cyd, but you know I would've been just fine."  Though he said nothing, the corner of his mouth curled before he nodded his head.

"I don't understand why you still come around anyway.  You definitely no longer have a reason," she unlocked the front door to the large estate.  "Take care of yourself, Cyd."  She tossed over her shoulder as she stepped over the threshold.

"If I didn't have a reason to still be here, then I wouldn't, Ms. Corrine."  He nodded before walking back down the path toward the metal gates.

Watching him, she couldn't help but wonder what it was that he meant.  He wasn't the only one of Bleu's workers who still kept an eye on her, but she assumed that it was a loyalty thing.  It made her feel secure, though.  Especially after what happened only a month ago.  She felt as though she had a target on her back for all of Bleu's former enemies.  Because of that, she took self defense classes, bettered her shooting aim, and for extra protection she installed a high tech security system.  

Another thing she'd have to get used to is being alone.  Bleu had done her a favor by leaving her with his fortune because she hadn't had to work since she got there.  That didn't change the fact that she missed him too much to function some days.  

Pouring herself a glass of white wine, she headed to the broad backyard seating herself on a fold out chair in front of the pool.  It was one of those days where she needed to be immersed in the peaceful scenery to quell the sadness inside of her.  

The sky was blue with not a cloud in sight; the sun beamed relentlessly as a slight breeze cooled her skin.  The leaves on the palms bristled.  

She exhaled deeply, before sipping on the glass of wine.  Relaxing in the chair, her eyes eventually closed on their own.  It wasn't until she heard footsteps close behind her that they popped open.  She didn't hesitate to snatch the gun from the glass table beside her .  

A pair of mischievous blues gazed back at her.  Stunned, Corrine still had the gun aimed at him.  He chuckled with his hands up in surrender.  "I missed you too, mi bella,"  he closed their proximity, gently taking the gun from her hand and resetting it to its original place.  It seemed as though years passed as they stared in each other's eyes.  It was Bleu who broke their trance by lifting her chin high enough for him to place his lips on hers.

The feel of his lips on hers was enough to let Corrine know that this was real. Bleu was right in front of her.  She threw her head into his chest and cried as quietly as she could.  He said nothing as he held her in his arms.

*********

THE END!!!!  Thank you all for being so patient with me.  I know I was supposed to had this up in July but shit's been crazy for me not to mention my semester started.  I read each and every one of yall's comments and I just want to let yall know that they were my motivation to push myself to get this shit out.  

Thanks so much for sticking this out with me and giving me the support that you gave.  Though this book is finished, feel free to check out my other books especially if you're into supernatural stories with black female protagonists.