Chapter 10/ Nate The Bad Waffle Maker

————————————————————————
"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step."
              -Unknown
————————————————————————

I wake up on a bed- wait i remember falling asleep on the couch- wrapped up in my mate's arms.. I look around, and slowly get up from my bed. I rush over to the window, looking out.

At the edge of the woods was that blonde wolf that has been challenging me to enter the woods. My fingers trail the figure of the wolf through the window. "What are you doing?" A voice asks breaking me from my thoughts, and causing me to jump. I quickly turn to see Nathaniel curiously tilting his head at me. I couldn't let him know about the blonde wolf..

"N-nothing.." i say turning, and covering the space where the blonde wolf was with my back. Nathaniel gives me a weird look but easily shrugs it off.

"Well i made waffles, so come on! Also this time they're not burnt so you can't call me 'Nate the bad waffle maker' " He smiles then leaves. I follow shortly after- my head full of thoughts that i tried to make go away before i went down stairs.

--

"This party is boring.." i groan to myself as i walk around the pile of people in the middle of the room. Whats the point? I mean grinding, and dancing inappropriate with another just doesn't seem like my type of fun. I bet half of these people who were touching each other inappropriately probably weren't even mates! In my pack that wasn't allowed, every wolf was taught to save your touch for your significant other that the moon goddess made just for you.

I don't even remember how i got dragged here.

Suddenly a small figure out on the deck catches my attention."Jacob?" I ask as i walk out onto the back deck. I raise my brow as he shushes me. "Whats wrong?" I ask standing beside his stiff sitting form. His eyes were glued on a certain spot in the woods.

"Look," he says nodding towards the woods. My eyes trace the woods then widen when they land on the silhouette of a figure. This figure wasn't a wolf.. I sniffed the air, and my questions were answered.

Not apart of this pack, but in a pack.. A familiar pack..

"Jacob, get in the house." I demand stepping in front of him. My wolf suddenly felt protective of him as if he was my own pup. "Go up to my room, and tell no one about this." I warn as the figure steps forward into the light. Blonde hair. Tan eyes. Jacob quickly got up, and scurried into the house. Why did i tell him not to warn the others? This man could easily kidnap, and kill me..

'He smells familiar..' my wolf paces in my mind.

"Ah. Its so nice to finally see you again, Willow.." The guy sneers, grinning. Who is this? But more importantly, what does he want?

Flashback-

"Zander? What are you doing here?" My mom asked, hugging her pink robe closer to her. I looked up from my toys to be met with those tan eyes.

"Alpha Archers ordered me to guard her," he says nodding towards me. He grimaces when my little brother giggles in his play pen- awkwardly gurgling as he waits for my moms return.

"I think i can protect my own daughter," my father growls as he walks up to my mom, and places his arm around her. "Zander if you know any better i suggest you leave, i'm sure the orphanage is worried sick about you." Dad threatens with his eyes darkening- his wolf didn't like that another male was sent to protect his own daughter. He saw that as a challenge.

"Michael.." my mom slightly scolds..

"Zander, what do you want?" I ask the young guard. Zander's eyes widen as he looks at me. He had changed a lot since the last time i saw him. What once was a dorky 16 year old boy, was now a handsome man.

"You remember my name?" He asks. His eyes gleaming with something i was uncertain of. Back at the pack no one ever appreciated Zander's hard work, but he was only following our alpha's orders. Archer was a cruel man, he was known for kidnapping Alpha's daughters, and claiming the poor girls as his.. And since Zander was so young he stuck to Archer like glue always wanting to make him proud.. Zander saw him as the dad he never had..

"Yes," i say wrapping my arms around myself as he steps forward again. "How could i forget? You were always up my butt." I scowl sadly at him.

Flash back-

"Hey Willow wait up!" My middle school crush, Ethan says jogging to catch up with me as i walk home. "Here let me carry those!" He reaches out, and grabs the books from my hands.

"Oh um- thank you.." i smile shyly at the young male.

"Ahem." I hear someone clearing their throat from behind us. Slowly i turn only to see, Zander. "Don't you have practice to do?" He asks warning the younger male with his eyes.

"Yes sir..." Ethan says bowing his head down to the now beta.

"Get to it." Zander spits out, roughly taking the books from Ethan.

He frowns at my words, and puts his head down- i could hear his wolf whimper. But his head snaps up when he hears talking in the woods. He suddenly looked ashamed.

"Zander. Wait," i say reaching out for him, and step off the deck. All the warning signs popped up in my head as my shoes touched the ground but i ignored them. Even though Zander worked for such a bad guy, i always saw him as an overprotective big brother. "Come live here with us." I whisper as i step forward. I was now right in front of the tall male.

"I can't," he says stepping away from me. "Look Willow, you're not safe. Go back inside." He warns turning to me with pale eyes.

"Not safe?" I ask suddenly becoming paranoid. My eyes dart around, and i flinch when i hear talking again. Shouting to be exact- maybe fighting or severe arguing..

"Archer knows you ran away, look i need you to stay wary of Sasha. I'll try to help you..." He says pushing me towards the porch. "Go inside!" He shouts. I hurry up the stairs, and watch him shift. Zander takes off into the woods, leaving me standing there. What just happened? What the hell?

I wander into the house to find Jacob. Only to run into a chest. "I'm sorry, i wasn't paying attention.." I whine trying not to fall back.

"Where have you been?" The voice wraps his arms around me, and whispers into my ear. His hot breath fanning against my neck, sends tingles down my neck. Suddenly, i'm not sorry!

"Outside," i say recognizing the voice. Aiden. He scoffs, and places his finger under my chin. "Well! I have to uh- g-go find Jacob!" I say dodging his arms as they try to get me again. I awkwardly dash away, dodging several people as they get in my way.

I could tell he was chasing me when i darted up the stairs. I quickly entered my room, and locked it. "Jacob," i said out of breath.

"They're following me!" he cried from under my bed. I slowly got down on my knees, and looked under the bed. He was slightly shaking with tear stained cheeks. I had to reassure the young boy that he was okay, because it was not him they were after... it was me..

——

Hey everyone! Its been awhile!

I want to thank every single person for all the support, votes, reads, and everything! Also due to social anxiety, i probably won't enter any of the competitions and award stuff! But honestly if ya'll feel like i should, go ahead and enter me (if u want)!

Again, thank you so much! Getting on wattpad after a rough day and seeing all the votes, and comments honestly brings a smile to my face!

(BTW ARCHER CAN NOT SHIFT! I MIGHT OFTEN CALL HIM THE MAN BEHIND THE WOLF!)

Happy readings!

Much love, and laughter!

~Kailey