Chapter 8/ Hot

(1046 words)
----------------------------------------------
"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."
          ~Unknown
----------------------------------------------

"You okay?" Nathaniel asks coming back into the living room to check on me for the 5th time. His eyes were filled with worry, and you could tell that he was stressing.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I smile to reassure him. All lies, i was freaking out. Still stuck in the tornado that i called my mind. It all came down to one thought-

'Am i in danger?' My wolf finishes for me.

"I'm going to finish cleaning the mess up then we can watch a movie, i'll let you pick." Nathaniel nods, and he rushes back into the kitchen. I get up quietly, and walk over to the front window. There the wolf was staring back at me- its eyes begging me to come outside, and into the woods where the wolf stood. I tip toe over to the door, grasping the doorknob. Should i do this? If this wolf didn't kill me then my curiosity would...

I pull the door open, and step out then quietly push the door closing it behind me. The wolf wags its tail at me, and nods its head back towards the woods. I take a step forward my bare foot touching the grass, all the sounds disappear when my foot touched the ground like something out of a movie..

"What are you doing outside?" I hear Aiden's voice behind me, and it breaks me out of my trance. I blink then the wolf disappears. What? Where did he go?!?

I open my mouth to speak, but then close it when i can't come up with anything smart to say.

"Come on." Aiden said grabbing my arm and dragging me back inside. "My mom will be here in about 2 hours, apparently i have to throw a party so you can meet the pack." Aiden says bringing me towards the couch, and pushing me gently back onto the couch. Maybe that blonde wolf is a part of the pack? I'm not crazy.... I'm not..

---

I sit awkwardly on the stool crossing my leg over the other. Id spent about an hour meeting people, and answering questions- most of them being the same question over and over again. I was kind of irritated that i haven't seen Aiden since he caught me outside, i guess he was mad. Which he could pout all he wanted!

I try looking through the crowd but fail. There were so many people, but that meant so many people that could hate me or be my enemy or maybe be my friend? Although everyone was nice to me, i knew i haven't met some people, and by some people i meant the mean people. I pick up the red solo cup beside me, and take a long sip of the drink. I forgot what Aiden's mom said it was, but it was definitely strong.

I cringe causing my face to awkwardly form a weird face, and cough when it burns the back of my throat. "How do people like this stuff?" I whisper glaring at the cup, and find myself taking another sip. This time i somehow get the hang of not making a god awful face, and find myself enjoying the beverage.

I flinch when the cup is taken away from me- knocking me out of my thoughts. Aiden looks down at me through his eyelashes, it looked like he was glaring at me.

"What?" I ask, glancing at the cup in his hand then back up at him. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the basic girl who wanted to be with the alpha- jumping onto him, and hugging onto him like a crazed koala. I sniff the air and cringe as her alcohol crazed breath reaches my nose.

"Aiden!" She giggles, and ruffles his hair. By the look on his face he wasn't happy to have her on him. Oh god, this pack had these types of girls too? (Authors Note:: Really didn't want to include her but ig she made it into the story??)